Home Tour Tuesday | Living Room

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

I am almost done with my home tour (yay!). Our living room needs two big chairs - which is the main point of the room - then it'll be complete.


Below is my original idea for our living room - I wanted it to be light and inviting. I plan on (big emphasis on plan) keeping this room clean and put together when we have kids so that way when people stop by for a quick visit, they aren't over run by toys. I'm sure that will be going on in our family room. At first, I wanted two printed chairs but then I really liked the idea of a light blue rug and neutral colored chairs. I am being really specific with chairs in the sense that they need to be less than $300 a piece, have arm rests and have a bigger back to them. This is proving very difficult to find so I might have to save up and break down for some more expensive chairs later. 


We found our rug from Rugs USA for a great price (when they have 75% off) and opted to go for the 6x9 size instead of 5x8 - which I'm really glad we did. The color ended up being a little darker than I wanted but that's alright. I snagged the canvas for like $30 from Kirklands about 4 years ago and we've gotten some great use out of it over the years. I really like the colors for our living room and once we get the chairs, we'll hang the picture in the middle, above them. 



We knew we either wanted a bench or small table to fit under the cutout but couldn't pull the trigger on any one item until we found this table from Homegoods. I love the colors and design but what sold us is there are two leaves that fold out to create almost a full sized table. We thought this would be great to have in the future if we host bigger parties. Thankfully, I didn't have to spend too much time convincing Stephen because it looked good, was functional and practical. 




Don't worry, I'm on the hunt for a long, narrow bowl to put the greenery balls in

I also knew I wanted to do a collage on this wall. I wanted to get the square frames from Ikea but we figured it'd be a pretty penny trying to get pictures printed to fit and the frames were about double the price than the ones we ended up with. Yes, we still haven't filled the frames yet...


Rug: Rugs USA (we got Spa Blue but probably should've gotten Baby Blue)
Canvas & Small Lamp: Kirklands
Table, Curtains & Curtain Rod: Homegoods
Floor Lamp: Target (similar)
Picture Frames: Ikea

Master Bedroom & Bathroom
Guest Bedroom & Bathroom
Kitchen
Family Room
Dining Room

6 comments:

  1. LOVE! The colors are so perfect - I'm heading over to browse those rugs now (haha) thanks for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the rug – we have one similar and it really gave the room a nice “finishing” touch. I love how well the house is progressing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your inspiration! It seems like things are starting to come together. That rug is a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you brought that inspiration pic to life - obsessed with that area rug and curtains <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that rug! Just started following you on GFC. loving the home tour tuesday posts!

    XO Ellen from Ask Away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Will Tell You The Truth About Living Room Rugs In The Next 60 Seconds on https://www.therugshopping.com/

    ReplyDelete