Home Tour Tuesday | Dining Room

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Our dining room is in the center of the house and it one of the rooms that still has a lot of work to be done to it. We're really enjoying what has been done so far but there's still a long way to go.


This biggest thing that needs to be redone is the table and chairs. My dad had that table in college... it's old but sturdy as a rock. There are even marks on it from where my high chair attached to the side of the table. Knowing it's been in my family this long makes it hard for me to get rid of it but it's not doing it for me - style-wise or size-wise. Stephen has graciously offered to try to build me a farmhouse table and even designed the whole thing himself. I'm not sure when he'll have time to do it, but it'll happen at some point ;) 

The size of the room is a little awkward since there is a pathway that leads to our room and garage. Stephen is planning on making the table big enough to fit 6 people and I'd really like to get a china cabinet to display all my wedding china. 

Stephen got me this unfinished monogram for my birthday. I painted it white and feel like it fits perfectly on that wall. We didn't want anything too overpowering since there's a big pictures on the adjacent wall. We found that picture at Kirkland's on sale and we love it! The size is perfect for that wall, especially with the chair rail. 








Painting & Red Containers: Kirkland's
Monogram: Etsy

Master Bedroom & Bathroom
Guest Bedroom & Bathroom
Kitchen
Family Room

5 comments:

  1. wow! your dining room is huge and beautiful, I love the monogram by the table!

    Linds @ not a mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It's a big room, but kind of awkwardly split down the middle with that hallway. It'll take a little bit to get this room complete but it's working really well right now!

      Delete
  2. I love the colors in there! We need to repaint some rooms, and I like how that is neutral, but classic. Also, I LOVE the Kirkland's painting. That fits perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that your table has been in the family for so long! That would definitely make it hard to get rid of - don't know if you have a finished basement but maybe could you move it down there? The monogram is perfect, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl we have that same picture from Kirklands too! Great taste, I must say ;)

    ReplyDelete