Weekending

Monday, August 31, 2015

This weekend was super productive - I feel accomplished and ready to take on the week! We thought Stephen was going to have to work Saturday but Friday night, he was called off which was great having the whole weekend together.

Friday night, our church hosted a ladies painting night which was so much fun! Since we just moved to this area and I work an hour away, it's been hard meeting new people so this was a fantastic way to meet ladies who go to our church and live around the area. We all had a great time painting Mermaids.



 
Totally forgot to get a picture of the finished painting at the event

Saturday, I mowed the grass for the first time ever! I mean, I've hustled on the Hustler but this was the first time using a push mower and actually doing the full yard. It wasn't horrible, but I won't be begging to do it every week ;) I will need to get some better socks though; I don't think the pink tube socks will cut it every week...


After mowing, I ran over to the mall to get a few things and check out Old Navy's sale. I found this striped dress for $15 and couldn't pass it up. I think it's flattering and is the perfect transition piece for fall. Can't wait to pair it with a jean jacket and booties


I was also looking for some placemats and napkins to spruce up our table for my family's visit this weekend. I found some adorable placemats and matching napkins from Homegoods (can't find a link) and I can't wait to break them in this weekend!




I'll add the plates to the other place settings this weekend

After my mall visit, I finally finished Giuliana Rancic's book! I thought it was really good and I loved learning more about her life and reasons behind her decisions. It does have a lot of profanity, but it's still a great book.


Thankfully, I was able to get Stephen on board with planting some fall flowers for the front porch. I decided on one pot of yellow mums and one pot of orange mums. I can't wait for the buds to bloom and hopefully I won't kill them. We decided to only get one planter to make sure I don't kill the flowers, but I'd like to get another one for the other side of our front door. I'll definitely have to keep adding to my "fall" front porch when everything goes on sale.





Stephen actually found this planter - we thought it was neat and is perfect for fall (and was also $15!)


After church and the grocery store on Sunday, we worked on some things around the house which also consisted of me finally filling some picture frames and hanging pictures in my office. Having pictures finally hung in the office makes a huge difference!

I got 1 picture frame filled in our living room... I wanted 2 more but the way they had to be cropped wouldn't work

Obsessed with my sister's paintings!

*Please ignore the messy room and the awful lighting. It's been raining since Saturday afternoon.




Threw this plaque up in our closet - we actually met over a pair of shoes ;)

I was also able to squeeze in making a garland tassel project for the first time as well. I'm really happy with how it turned out! Come back tomorrow for a tutorial!


Hope everyone had a great weekend! PS that "hurricane" dissipated and ended up on the west coast of Florida - nothing exciting happening over here except some rain.

Linking up with Biana.

10 comments:

  1. So many things I'm dying over! I'm gonna mention a paint night to my pastor's wife, it's such a good idea! I love your jewelry section in your room so cute and such a good display! MUMS, love them and your barrel like holder.

    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had the best weekend! I am loving your yard, it looks great! That painting is awesome as well. Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great weekend! That dress is SO cute, I need to go to Old Navy soon. And your mermaid looks so great, I could never paint something like that haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new frames! Hanging art on the wall makes such a difference. Also I love your ON dress! My sister and I were just talking about there sale, and she was thinking about getting that dress. Also, you're so talented with your mermaid painting; what a fun activity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that dress from Old Navy. Meeting people after moving to a new area is definitely a challenge- that painting class seems like a great way to get to know people from your church!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it definitely WAS super productive! Way to go! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love having a productive weekend! I always feel so accomplished Sunday night when going to bed lol.That dress is adorable and making me want to stop by Old Navy on my way home from work today, ha! I absolutely LOVE the planter your husband picked out, so cute and perfect for fall. I can't wait to go pick out our mums for this fall. The yellow ones are my FAVORITE! Can't wait to see them when they bloom in that planter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that dress from Old Navy! I totally get the challenge of meeting new people when you move-it's so nice to plug in to a good church community. Your house is so pretty-I'm amazed at all y'all got done in one weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The paint night looks like such a fantastic night out and really a great way to meet new people. Love your homegoods finds – perfect for this time of the year. And loving your front door wreath as well. Can’t wait to see how you made the garland – I’d love to make my own.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see gator colors for that tassel so i can't wait for the DIY! I'm glad the hurricane just brought rain and nothing more for you guys! love your new place setting! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete