Five on Friday

Friday, August 7, 2015

I am so thankful it's Friday - it was a super long week and I am in desperate need of sleep. Now I just need to get through one more day of work ;)

One
This past week we had our all employee meeting at work. This year we had a day and a half of meetings then we got to go to an air boat place that is a restaurant/bar. It was a lot of fun - there were air boat rides, lawn games, good conversations and dancing.








Two
I've been wanting to make a jewelry holder for all my necklaces in our closet and Stephen finally put it up on Monday (when I say finally it's because I wouldn't paint the board, not that Stephen took forever ;)). I usually take the white hooks and put them directly into the wall, but we wanted to minimize the holes in the wall so I painted part of a 2x4 and Stephen attached the hooks into that and then put it on the wall. I'm am tickled with how it turned out and am so glad it's all organized!



Three
While Stephen was putting my jewelry hanger up, I was watching Sunday's episode of Bachelor in Paradise. It was pretty interesting and the drama was already starting, but then I got to the end of 2 hours and Chris Harrison said there are another 2 hours on Monday... every week. Um yeah no, I can't do 4 hours a week of that show. So after 1/2 an episode, I'm throwing in the towel. I'll just have to keep reading Pinterest Told Me To's weekly recap.

Who doesn't love her screen shots?

Four
One show I have stayed strong on is The Astronaut Wives Club. I am obsessed this show, it's so good! I binge watched it after I discovered it but now I'm having to wait each week to see the new episode. 


Five
On Thursday, August 13th at 8pm, Stephen will be featured on a CNN segment called Business Traveller. I am so proud of him and can't wait to see him talk all about his company. He's done a lot of things for local newspapers, radio stations and news stories but this was the first time he's on prime time! Way to go hubby!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Tomorrow, Stephen's parents are coming to town for dinner and to see the new house.



6 comments:

  1. I LOVE that necklace holder!! I haven't watched Bachelor in Paradise yet but I have them DVR'ed. Pretty sure I am going to be over it after watching just 1 episode haha. Happy Friday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you are brave holding that gator! Even with its mouth taped, I think I'd be a few feet away at all times, lol! Loving your necklace holder - looks so good! I've heard such good things about The Astronaut Wives Club, so I will be catching up on that soon while I wait for the return of my fave fall shows:) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that necklace holder you made! I was debating on BIP but 4 hours a week is just too much for me too. I have Astronaut Wives Club on my list to binge watch & can't wait to start it! Congrats to your husband for being on CNN, that's so exciting!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get some rest this weekend! A huge congrats to your hubby, how awesome! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love The Astronaut Wives Club too. I read the book last year and enjoyed it. So I was so excited when I saw that they turned it into a TV show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly didn't know about the book until the show came out and now I'm tempted to read it!

      Delete