Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie

Thursday, August 20, 2015

A few weekends ago, Stephen's parents came to visit and I knew I wanted to make something fun for dessert. I scoured Pinterest and decided upon making a Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie with vanilla ice cream on the side. It turned out super delicious and it was very easy to make - everyone loved it!





Ingredients
- 1 9" pie shell (I used a graham cracker crust)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) softened butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Vanilla ice cream

Directions
1. Preheat the oven the 325 degrees. If you aren't using a pre-made graham cracker pie crust, line your pie dish with the unbaked pie crust.

2. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs on high until light and foamy. Add the flour and sugars to the bowl and mix until combined. Add the softened butter and mix.

3. Stir in the chocolate chips and then spoon the batter into the pie crust.

4. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Use a toothpick to make sure the center of the pie is cooked thoroughly. Serve with vanilla ice cream.

Help: I noticed that every time I bake anything with chocolate chips, they always sink to the bottom. None of the pictures of the recipes I get them from look like that and I can't figure out why. This happens no matter which size chocolate chips I use. 

Linking up with Annie

5 comments:

  1. YUM! I think I'm honestly going to find an excuse to make this… very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy cow so yum. I've never baked a pie but I'm gonna have to try this one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing it is almost time for dessert, you have me craving something sweet now! This looks delicious! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tossing the chocolate chips in a small amount of flour will help keep them from sinking :)

    ReplyDelete