Five on Friday

Friday, August 28, 2015

One
This weekend is panning out to be pretty low key and I've been getting the urge to get back to working on the house. I noticed Lowe's is having a big summer sale on their outdoor planters and I really want to plant some fall flowers for our front porch. I still have to convince Stephen that planting seasonal flowers is a necessity ;)

I'm sure mine won't turn out as great as there but here are some planters that are perfect for fall!






Two
I'm so ready to work on projects this weekend. We really need to hang pictures in my office, I'm going to start making some decorations for our company UF tailgate and then who knows what else I find for us to do ;) I would love to make a wooden pumpkin for the front door but I can see this turning into a much larger project than expected.


Three
Last night I made salmon for dinner but one day I'd love to try to make these salmon sliders.


Four
Early next week, we're expecting our first hurricane of the season (heck, the first hurricane in a few years) to hit us. It's supposed to be a category 1, so I'm not all that worried, granted this is the first time being an "adult" in a hurricane and owning a house. We'll see how this goes...

Five
I'm excited because tonight the "young" ladies at our church are getting together for a canvas painting night. I'm looking forward to meeting some of the girls that live around here and hopefully make a few friends! (Basically all my friends either live an hour away in Orlando or don't live close to us)

13 comments:

  1. Those sliders look delish! I love mums for fall, those are totally worth planting and love those fall outdoor setups!

    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be safe with the upcoming hurricane. My sister is down in Florida too, and I'm hoping it won't be too bad. I can be scary! I love your fall inspiration; I can't wait for the weather to cool down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear about the Lowe's sale! I need to go get some planters this weekend for my mums this fall! Have fun at your canvas painting night, those are so fun!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog through the momfessionals Friday link up + I love it!! I love fall and all things pumpkins! So this post gets me super excited for the upcoming season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love all the fall decor and that salmon burger looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how cute all the seasonal flowers and outdoor decorations can be! Happy "house working" weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot wait to decorate our front porch for Fall. All of those pictures make me so happy! Hoping this hurricane is nothing major… it better not mess up our Labor Day weekend beach plans ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pumpkin porch decorations you posted. You'll have to share how your DIY projects turn out. We're also bracing for the "hurricane." We'll see what happens! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We got everything to do the flowers tomorrow and I'm hoping to find the right color tissue paper at Target because Michael's failed me. Hope y'all stay safe - looks like you're getting the tropical storm now!

      Delete
  9. This post gets me SO excited for fall!!! I seriously cannot wait. I hope you have a great weekend!

    www.Serisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Can't wait to get the flowers planted! Have a great weekend :)

      Delete
  10. I'm so ready to decorate our front porch for fall! I love the pictures you posted and I've been looking all over Pinterest for ideas. I'm going to get 2 hay bales and lots of mums and I've already got two ceramic pumpkins for the stairs. Have a great rest of the weekend!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the Fall decorations. I can't wait to get out my Fall decorations!

    ReplyDelete