Home Tour Tuesday | Kitchen

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Ahh the kitchen - one of my favorite places in the house. I spend a lot of time in here and I am obsessed with the amount of space! Our last kitchen was tiny. Stephen and I like to cook dinner together and we were always bumping into each other and our cabinets were just about to overflow. We have so much room to cook together and there is so much cabinet space (we don't even have all of them filled!) I am also very thankful for the little things that a standard home has that our apartment did not like a garbage disposal, a deep sink, an ice maker, purified water (no more filling the Brita!) and a hose on the faucet for easy cleaning.


A few years ago, I found that yellow picture frame above the microwave and just loved it for a kitchen. Ever since then, I've added yellow and black pieces to make our kitchen theme "yellow". 



We don't have an eat-in kitchen so I knew we would need to utilize the bar space for our casual meals. I snagged these bar stools during the Memorial Day sales at Target and we love them! We've gotten to where we eat all of our meals here. 


The kitchen opens right into the family room and has the best view of the house. The view definitely makes cleaning dishes a lot more enjoyable.

This view never gets old

I snagged that Florida cutting board from Kirklands for $4!





After taking the pictures, I added these pictures, the flowers and moved the red canisters to the dining room 


Bar Stools: Target
Yellow Picture, Greenery, Lemons, Basket & Lantern: Homegoods
Picnic Basket: Longaberger

Master Bedroom & Bathroom
Guest Bedroom & Bathroom

10 comments:

  1. Love the coloring of your kitchen! The bar stools, all those little touches especially the ones above and of course the view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors and the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the backsplash!! And the bar stools! What a gorgeous kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure love Kirklands... they always have the best sales! I have a ton of Texas goodies from there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen is gorgeous! I love the dark cabinets! Great buy with the bar stools! They're perfect!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!! Your kitchen is so beautiful. So happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!! I love seeing all your traveling adventures!

      Delete
  7. So pretty! The cabinets are perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous and I adore those bar stools!

    ReplyDelete