Friday is for Girls Weekend!

Friday, August 21, 2015

One
This weekend my sister-in-law is hosting some girlfriends at her grandparents condo on the beach as one last hurrah before her baby comes. I'm super excited to have some girl time and get some quality time in with Lauren before baby girl comes in October (eek it's getting so close!). There will be lots of games played and mocktails drunk. Speaking of which, I've been looking for some good mocktail recipes so let me know of any good ones you've tried :)


Two
I've been trying to cut back on spending money after buying the house but I got an email Wednesday for $10 shirts at Old Navy and had to see what it was all about. I found an amazing (and super comfy) shirt for fall. It will be perfect for layering, pairing with a scarf and wearing with booties. Gah, I can't wait for fall weather!




I really like this sweater with the shirt! I'm going to wait for it to go on sale then probably snag it since it's so lightweight. The shirt is originally $26 but right now it's on sale for $22.


Three
To continue on the fall outfits - I am swoon over all the fall outfits I've been seeing on Pinterest lately. I am obsessed over all of the riding boots, layers and puffy vests! Unfortunately, it's going to be 90+ degrees in Florida for a while so I will continue to look at all the pretty outfits online. I'm also resisting the urge to really blog about fall outfits (except for this rant and #2) but I went ahead and made a fall outfits board on Pinterest. Honestly, it's fall and winter but no one likes "winter" except for Christmas.

While going through my pins one by one and moving them over to the fall board, I was thinking there has to be a better way to move pins. After I finished going through 400+ pins, I noticed there is a "Move Pins" button in the top right corner. AMAZING! I was definitely annoyed I didn't see this earlier but am glad this function exists for future Pinterest organization!


Four
Stephen and I have been loving the fact that we now have a neighborhood that we can take walks/run in. There is an area where they're still building and the other night, Stephen found the creepiest thing ever! It's a life-size Ronald McDonald statue in someone's backyard. I am so creeped out and don't know how we didn't see this earlier. Sorry the video is sideways.




Five
If you're looking for a delicious dessert this weekend, make sure to check out this Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!




7 comments:

  1. Love that Old Navy shirt and the Ronald McDonald statue would creep me out too... It does even when it's in its proper place! Am visiting from Five on Friday. And am your newest GFC follower. Hope you have a happy weekend!

    www.theclassychaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait for it to get cool around here so I can wear it! I am so with you on the regular McDonald statues creeping you out - they're so odd! Thanks for visiting and for following - have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Love the shirt you found at Old Navy! Umm Ronald statue? That would be so creepy! Hope you have an awesome girls weekend!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old Navy has the best sales! I always find great stuff there!! Hope you have a great girls weekend. Those are the absolute best :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Old Navy!! That shirt is adorable and I am needing that jacket for this fall!! I just went through all your house tours post and live your house!! We are in the process of looking at buying our first house! So stressful, but fun! Have a great girls weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy this weekend – the beach and girl time is the best!! I’ve never noticed the move pins button either but I’m definitely going to take a look at that. We love having a neighborhood to walk in too – so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Ronald statue is soo creepy! Love the new shirt you found at ON; that's a great buy! I hope you have a lovely weekend with your sister-in-law. :)

    ReplyDelete