New Recipe Wins

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Since I wasn't actually sick, just felt horrible at night, during the first trimester I tried to keep up with quick meals for Stephen. I would pick at my food or just eat a tiny bit to get by (won't mention the night I ate a bagel for dinner... or french dip and chips ;)) but now that the nausea is pretty much behind me #praisetheLord, I've been trying to make regular meals again.

I wanted to share some winners that are quick, easy meals to make on a weeknight.

Cold Sesame Noodle Bowls
I'm not going to lie, this one was a complete shocker at how delicious it was and I was surprised that Stephen loved it too! It was so quick to make and was very light and refreshing. We did saute the zucchini noodles for a few minutes but then let them cool before eating.


Minute Rice with Teriyaki Chicken
The chicken was a little bit of a fail for this meal because I wasn't feeling well and didn't want the house to smell... I didn't cook it according to the instructions. It wasn't bad but it would be really good if you made it according to the recipe.

I was sent the Minute Rice quinoa and brown rice to review and it was delicious! Definitely the perfect side for this meal, especially with my night nausea. The flavors were great, without being overbearing and it was super easy to make. One bowl made 2 servings which was perfect for Stephen and I.


Sweet Chili Salmon
This one isn't totally new to us but is definitely our go-to for when we want salmon. It's super delicious and has the perfect amount of flavor too; not to mention it's a breeze to cook in the oven!

We usually pair it with quinoa or brown rice and roasted broccoli.

Last night, we tried out Christina's crock pot hack with our buffalo chicken sweet potatoes. It never really looked appetizing to me, but everyone says they're amazing so I took a chance. I did use a shortcut and just used buffalo sauce without adding anything else to the chicken. It turned out so delicious and I was shocked that Stephen loved it! Definitely a re-do, especially since it was basically the easiest recipe ever.


I hope these few recipes helped out with week night meal planning! I always look for quick recipes during the week and love mixing things up. Linking up with Jessi

4 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm going to try that cold noodle salad. I'm not sure the boys would eat it (yet) but for sure Brandon and I would -- especially this spring! And girl, you're a way better cook than I was during my first trimester, ha! I would often tell Brandon to microwave a potato for both of us or even have him make us grilled cheeses. Whoops! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm killin' it lately there aren't ya? YUM! Bookmarking this entire post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to try that cold noodle salad!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely want to try that cold noodle bowl- looks so good!

    ReplyDelete