Five on Friday: New Car Edition

Friday, September 30, 2016

One
First I have to say, how in the world is it already October tomorrow!? I can't believe how quickly this year is flying by yet I'm 100% embracing the fact we are well into fall now! Florida just needs to get with the program - we've been having storms every afternoon, that junk needs to stay in summer...


Two
Some big things happened this week - I upgraded my car on Monday and bought a mom car!! Now, I realize I've been posting a lot of things lately that most people post when they're pregnant and still hiding it lol I want to calm everyone's nerves (because I'm sure everyone is concerned about it jk jk) and say we are not trying for kids right now. We wanted to buy the car now so we can save the money back by the time we do have kids, I can enjoy my clean new car for a little while and I was able to get a little more money for my trade since it's in great operating condition. (Having 2 engineers under our roof = lots of planning).

For a while we knew we'd want a bigger SUV for when we have kids and since we keep our cars for 10 years, we knew we wanted a 3rd row. We were looking hard at the Toyota Highlander and the Honda Pilot. We decided on the Pilot and I couldn't be more happy about it! I am definitely having to adjust to driving a big SUV but the Pilot has such a smooth drive which is pleasantly surprising after driving a few other SUV's that were a little more sticky on the pedals.



Three
Another thing that made me super excited this week is our prints from our anniversary shoot came in from Mpix!! Once again, we're super impressed with the quality of the pictures and I immediately went and filled the frames. The picture isn't that great because there's not a lot of light but we're so happy that the frames are filled with beautiful pictures now :)


Four
For my birthday, my mom gave me an adorable "H" pineapple flag for our front yard. I knew I wanted to put every season out there and was able to snag an adorable "H" pumpkin flag from Kirklands this week!

I couldn't find the link online :(

Five
I'm sure most of y'all have seen by now but my sweet friend Kelsey started a vlog! So far, she's got some great fall decorating videos which is fantastic! Go check out her videos!




11 comments:

  1. The pumpkin flag is adorable! We are moving into our new house in about a month, and yard flags have been on my list of things to buy ASAP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friends have a pilot and it has so much room. Do you miss your Lexus though!? I have one and would totally miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY YAY YAY for a new car!!!! And a beautiful one at that!!! I love the size of that! Good for y'all for planning ahead, so smart! I know I already said it, but I love the outfit you are wearing in that first picture with your car, SO cute!!!! LOVE the pictures in those frames, it all looks so GOOD! I think I have asked before, but what are those frames called? Aren't they from Ikea? lol. I need some! That pumpkin flag it adorable, Kirklands always has the cutest garden flags out!!! Hope y'all have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for a new car! Enjoy that new-car smell (and no Goldfish crumbs on your car floors)! ;) And I love your portraits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great new car! You are very wise to plan ahead like that. I wish we had a Kirkland's around here, adorable flag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice ride and cute flag. Fall is my favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww you are too sweet!!! Thanks so much for sharing my videos :) Love your new car!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it all! The photos are fabulous and the car is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the car! I love it! There are definitely some pros to having a bigger vehicle! Love that little flag. I've been looking for something just like it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the nee car! Mine is five months old but I like to pretend it's still new haha. And CA is totally the same right now. Far from fall...womp womp.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's a great looking SUV! We went with a minivan when we first had our little ones. I still wish we had found something a bit more stylish! Best wishes for a happy, healthy pregnancy, and of course a Happy Halloween. There's nothing quite like October.

    ReplyDelete