Home Tour Tuesday | Guest Bedroom & Bathroom

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Our guest room is something we worked on to get completely done before this weekend because my brother and sister-in-law are coming to stay with us. The furniture is actually my childhood set that we used once we got married. We are so thankful to be out of that bed since Stephen didn't fit, but it works perfectly as guest bedroom furniture. 


I've really always liked the toile look and after finding this bedding set at At Home, I had to grab it - I was even more excited when Stephen said he really liked it too. I knew that I'd want to get red buffalo check curtains for the room to add some color, so I ended up finding these curtains on Amazon. I could not believe how hard it was to find buffalo check curtains that didn't break the bank. Thankfully the room is pretty much complete except for replacing the awful blinds. 










We tried to carry a little bit of the black and white theme into the bathroom since it's connected with the guest room. We used our shower curtain from our apartment as a starting point and built off of that. There's still some things that we need to get to fill this bathroom and to decorate it with. 






I knew when we bought a house that I'd want to give our guests some soaps to use that were just for them but I also wanted to display them in a cute way. I found this jar at Target and got some sample soaps to fill it with. I really like how it turned out and I hope our guests do too!


Bedding & Pillows: At Home
Curtains: Amazon
Picture Frames Above Bed and Chest: Kirklands
Mirror: Ikea
Bathroom Pictures & Toilet Organizer: Bed, Bath & Beyond
Shower Curtain, Rug, Towels & Glass Jar: Target

Master Bedroom & Bathroom

8 comments:

  1. I love it! I am so in love with the contrast of colors - I would never think to pair the red touches with the white/navy combo but I think that's an amazing look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home looks so comfortable and welcoming for guests. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie!! Hopefully our guests feel the same way this weekend :)

      Delete
  3. I love these rooms! That bedspread is perfect and I love the color of the furniture! And the little jar of soaps in the bathroom is brilliant! Basically, can I come visit? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done. You did a fabulous job in your bedroom. I've always liked the look of toile, too and the bedding makes the room look more glamorous. The curtains compliment the bedding perfectly along with the accessories you chose. We have something in common because I have a black and white theme in my bathroom, too. Thank you for taking us on a tour of your lovely home.

    By the way, I'm glad I found your blog today. I really enjoyed the visit. Hey, would you like to follow each other? I can add you to my blog roll. It might bring more followers your way. Either way, have a wonderful weekend... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how quickly you are getting settled into your home, I am so impressed! It looks wonderful! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really a great work came to see here I found it too innovative to makeover the home and bathroom too. Thanks for sharing here the beautiful pictures of your home.
    Sharing something for all about bathrooms as there are many innovative small bathroom makeovers sites with which we makeover our bathroom with creative bathroom ideas and bathroom design and get your bathroom looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bathrooms can be so tricky. We just redid ours for the second time because it just did not turn out the way we saw it. Yours looks beautiful though and I doubt you will have to do anything to it for a while. I especially love the black and white photos you have above the towel rack and the mirrors.

    Essie Reed @ Valley Home Improvement

    ReplyDelete