Easter 2015

Monday, April 6, 2015

Every year for the past 3 years, we've gone to Stephen's parents house in Okeechobee for Easter. Stephen's dad is a pastor so we always enjoy going back and seeing everyone and helping out. Stephen and I always attend the sunrise service then go home for the 2nd service but this year we stayed for the whole thing (I don't know how pastors do the same service twice in one day, let alone the ones who do it 3-4 times on Sunday). We had a great time relaxing and spending time with family.

We got in town Friday night in time for the Good Friday service. Saturday we slept in, had brunch and mowed the yard... lol Stephen's parents have 2 acres and they've always had riding lawn mowers but they recently got a new industrial lawnmower and we had to test it out. Stephen and I pretty much ended up mowing the yard - it was fun and relaxing (although I'm sure the beautiful weather was a HUGE factor). That evening, John, Lauren and Tim arrived and we grilled out, played a hysterical game of Balderdash and then watched the Wisconsin/Kentucky game.



It's so peaceful and nice when there's beautiful spring weather

Sunday, we were up well before the crack of dawn for the sunrise service at church. After all the services, we headed back home for some egg decorating, Easter lunch and egg toss. 






 



After getting home, Stephen and I exchanged Easter baskets. We try to keep it minimal and only give candy. I only snagged a few pictures of Stephen's basket.



Since we've been going to Okeechobee Easter's the past few years, I figured I'd give a trip down memory lane ;) 

Easter 2013 (sorry the picture is so blurry)

In 2013, we all took an airboat ride on Lake Okeechobee

Easter 2014

I hope everyone had a great Easter!!

Linking up with Biana.

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful weekend! I love the skirt you wore and how pretty are those eggs that you guys decorated!! happy Monday! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s nice you got into town early and had some relax time! I love the photo of you on the mower, ha! I love all the festivities you got in on Sunday plus the double church! And your outfit!! Love the Easter basket exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun recap of your Easter Weekend, I loved seeing all your pictures from previous Easters too! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fabulous Easter weekend! Family time and great springtime weather are just the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great weekend! Love the warmer temps we have been having too.. I have tried to drive my husbands lawn mower similiar to that and lets just say I'll leave that to him! LOL! Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete