Weekending

Monday, February 20, 2017

We are just flying right through February and I'm not hating it. Hopefully work will soon start to slow down for Stephen and he won't be working such long weeks. I didn't get around to blogging on Friday but I did want to share our simple Valentine's Day so that it's remembered :)

After work, I decided to make a delicious steak dinner (recipe coming Wednesday) but my timing was all off because Stephen got home extra late that night. I was very happy that the steaks turned out so well though despite the long wait. After Stephen got home, we were able to eat dinner and I gave him his card. The next day, Stephen was off at a normal time so he stopped by Publix to get me flowers and a card.



Now let's get into our weekend - during lunch on Friday, I ran over to Style Encore to check out their spring collection. Unfortunately, nothing really fit right except for this skirt which was $12 and then I got $5 off - can't beat an adorable LOFT skirt for $7! 


That afternoon, I had a meeting on the other side of Orlando and while over there, I realized my friend lived close by and I hadn't met her new baby yet! I stopped in after my meeting and loved getting to meet baby Tristan, even if it was only for a few minutes. After I left, it took me 2 hours to get home... 2 hours! I hope I never have to go back to that office again - it was rough.

Getting to hold this little guy was worth the long drive home!



Saturday, Stephen didn't have to go into work until a little later so we were able to watch the final Christmas episode for Downton Abbey. I'm so sad it's over butttt I did see the rumor that there might be a prequel and a motion picture! Once Stephen left for work, I got going on a few embroidery orders and ran a few errands. Shockingly, Stephen got off work at 4:00 so we were able to have a whole evening together for once. We worked out (I introduced him to Tone It Up ;)), made dinner and finished up the night with some funny YouTube videos.

Sunday, we went to church (an old guy fainted so the paramedics had to come in right during the Lord's Supper - thankfully he should be fine), stopped by BB&B to order a wedding gift and then finished up at Publix. The rest of the day was spent relaxing, doing laundry and catching up on things.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Linking up with Biana

8 comments:

  1. Love that skirt you found! What a sweet baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm that skirt is fabulous! Go back and get me one! hahaha LOVE your monogram and pineapple mats and it looks like a great weekend to me! Happy Monday friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unexpected long drives are the worst! I'm glad your steaks still turned out great despite having to sit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A $7 cute skirt - what a find!! Sounds like you guys had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, LOVE that skirt!!!! Can't wait for that steak recipe, I need a good one lol. The flowers Stephen got you are beautiful! So exciting that you got to meet your friend's baby!! I really need to start doing some of those Tone It Up videos, I just have zero motivation lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That skirt is so adorable, and you can't beat that price!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your loft skirt is too cute!! Oh my goodness how precious is that baby!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an awesome deal on your new skirt! It's super cute!

    ReplyDelete