Five on Friday

Friday, February 10, 2017

One
Since I've been slacking on the blog front so bad lately, I need to recap our past weekend - and I have no pictures to show for it #badblogger Friday morning, I flew home from a week-long business trip in Houston. It was nice to get home and get things caught up around the house before resting and watching a movie. Once Stephen came home from work, we just hung out, made dinner and watched like 3 episodes of Downton Abbey - we were having withdrawals lol!

Saturday, we slept in, made breakfast and hung out some before Stephen headed to poker day with some guys at work. While he was away, I got lots of embroidery done, watched LA LA Land (I didn't care too much for it) and caught up on my blog reading.

Sunday, we went to church, came home and did some yard work, did more embroidery and then headed over to a Super Bowl party with some people from our church. We left right before half time and finished up the game at home. I kept telling Stephen we'd go to bed and not finish the game but it was so good we ended up finishing it. I cannot believe the Falcons didn't win!

Two
I'm so excited to share that my sister started a lifestyle/fashion instagram account! Seriously, she is so stylish and would always send me cute ootd snaps so I encouraged her to put them to good use. She called it Caroline's Collection and I'm so excited for her to join the social media community!


Three
One of my co-workers is super into loose-leaf tea. He always has delicious flavors and is adamant about how long it needs to steep and whatnot. Most afternoons, he likes to host "tea time" with various people to give everyone a short break in the day. Well, it caught on this week and on Wednesday, everyone went all out for it - it was so much fun and a great way to take a short break during the day. I remembered that my friend gave me a tea cup set (it had a succulent but I killed it lol) so I washed it and used it for tea time. It was so fun feeling fancy and proper - everyone got a kick out of it. Downton Abbey is rubbing off way too much on me lol


Four
I ran to Target the other day to pick up some things (you know the fun stuff, like paper towels lol) and I noticed there was a sale sign over on the boots. I did what every good Target-going girl does and meandered my way over - I needed to get some new boots this season but I never really got around to it. I about died when I saw the price tag for some amazing boots - $11!!! Thankfully, I was able to squeeze into a size that's about 1/2 a size too small. I won't be able to wear them anytime soon but I'll be ready for next winter!!

I couldn't find them online to link to :/


Five
This past week, I decided to try Brittany's quick and easy meatloaf and it didn't disappoint! Meatloaf always intimidated me, so I never made it but when Brittany said she had an easy recipe, I had to give it a shot. It was super easy and turned out delicious!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! We were supposed to spend all day at Epcot tomorrow but now Stephen has to work. We're hoping to still make it for our dinner reservation - we decided to go to a fancier restaurant for Valentine's Day :)




6 comments:

  1. Those boots are the cutest! I swear I can't come out of Target with just what I went in for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tea...English tea is my fave! I even had a tea party themed bridal shower so I get the obsession :) Going to check out your sister's account now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice price on those boots! That's awesome. I just love Target. I mean, who doesn't really? haha

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still can't get over those boots being $11!!!! They are so cute! Woo hoo for your sister! I'm going to go follow her insta right now! I need a good meatloaf recipe and I just looked at her's and it sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing! Hope y'all have a great weekend and make it to your dinner reservation!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so cute with the teacup!! What a find for that price in those cute boots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your sister's instagram! I am always looking for new stylish people to follow and she is darling!

    ReplyDelete