Weekending

Monday, August 28, 2017

Before I get into today's post I wanted to saw how devastating it is seeing all of the destruction and flooding going on in Texas. Coming from a born and raised Florida girl, it's eye opening seeing what happens to other states when a hurricane like this hits. Texas will definitely be in our prayers.

This weekend was so nice - lots of fun and relaxing! Friday, I did a little work after I got home and then we got Chinese takeout and watched Popstar. The movie was eh - Hot Rod was definitely better lol It was nice to take it easy on a slow, rainy night.

Publix was killing it with their hydrangeas this weekend

Saturday, Stephen had to work so I slept in and then watched a few episodes of Southern Charm (I realized after I should've been ironing the whole time ;)). After I broke away from the TV, I cleaned the house and ran some errands. Stephen finally came home as the rain started (it was pretty rainy all weekend) so we spent the afternoon relaxing - Stephen worked on his latest project and I watched more Southern Charm. I'm hooked and already on Season 4 - I really home there are more seasons to come ;) That evening, two of my friends came over and we headed out to dinner while the boys went to see the fight. We came back after dinner for wine, desserts and a craft. We made chalk paint fall colored mason jars and had the best time - we were still chatting when Stephen came home at 1:30 am!! Never saw that coming lol!

I definitely need to up my selfie game


Sunday, we skipped church and listened to a sermon while we drove to North Orlando to meet my good friend's new baby. We had such a good time catching up and seeing her again - I'm used to seeing her every day at work. Baby Jack was so stinking cute! After we saw our friends, Stephen dropped me off at a baby shower for a co-worker's wife. It was a sweet, beautiful shower and I am so excited for the parents-to-be!




I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! You can bet I'm looking forward to a 3 day weekend next week ;) Linking up with Biana

7 comments:

  1. First of all, thank you so much for recognizing and addressing what's going on in Texas. It's absolutely awful and heartbreaking.

    Secondly, this sounds like a nice little weekend! I love that tray and those hydrangeas are just beautiful. What a cute little craft y'all did and girl, yes, love me some "Southern Charm!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like such a fun girls night - I love it! The tray setup is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun girls night!!! I love crafty parties. I'm very much looking forward to the long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun baby-filled weekend!! xo, biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. The baby shower decor was so sweet! I love seeing different themes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? They did such a great job keeping it classy and gender neutral since they don't know the sex of the baby yet!

      Delete
  6. Those mason jars are SO cute!!! And those hydrangeas are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete