Coffee Talk

Thursday, August 31, 2017


If I were having [iced] coffee with you today, I'd say...

I still can't get over what's going on in Texas! I'm in utter disbelief of the flooding and how bad it can get. Ashley lives in Houston and has put together a list of ways you can donate. We decided to send diapers to the Texas Diaper Bank - they had a wishlist on Amazon which made it super easy and I don't have to worry about what percentage actually goes to the cause

I am not a fan of the new Taylor Swift song - sure it's kind of catchy but I'm pretty sure it's just the tune to "I'm Too Sexy". Also doesn't help that I'm not a fan of her at any stage of her career haha! However, I will say that girlfriend is a genius with her music video. There is so much detail in it and I want to know how everyone was able to find the things they did. You can find it all outlined here and here.

On Friday, I talked about how I was going to make this salad - well, I made it this week and it was not a hit... Let's just say we ended up having frozen pizza with it and I won't be making it again ;)
I work in the same area that I went to college so every day, I'm driving past my old townhouse/apartment and school. Well, school just got back in session and every time I think about starting a new semester and going to class, I get anxiety... #thanksengineering

I'm so excited because I'm so close to finishing up a big project I've been working on at work. Long story short but I'm putting together packages for our district offices and decided it'd be nice to give it a southern touch by handwriting all of the notes that go inside. I still think it was a good idea but 40 full page notes later and my hand is killing me... which is also the reason why it's taken me so long to get these done lol

Linking up with Annie

4 comments:

  1. Yes to the iced coffee!! Love the thought of sending diapers to Texas so you don't have to worry about how much actually goes to what. I'm looking into that, thank for sharing! I've definitely had meals that didn't go as planned and we ended up eating a frozen pizza too! Woo hoo for almost finishing your big project! My hand would definitely fall off if I had to write all of those notes lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sending diapers to Texas! As a Texan, I appreciate that very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing ways to donate and help!! Hand written notes are so thoughtful but I'm sure you'll be super excited to have that project behind you :) We've had several failed recipes tossed in the trash ourselves so I totally get it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to donate to Texas... I may do the exact same thing today. As a mommy I cannot imagine not having access to diapers, milk, etc for my baby. Absolutely heartbreaking!

    ReplyDelete