My Favorite Cheap, but Really Good Makeup

Thursday, August 17, 2017

I will be the first to say I'm not big on spending a lot of money on makeup, especially if it's something new I'm trying. Now, will that come back and bite me in the rear when I'm older? I'm not sure... but my face isn't too sensitive right now and none of these products or bands have bothered me.

I love trying new products out and seeing which works best - here is a list of the best "cheap" makeup products I'm currently using!

1. Maybelline Master Contour Set $8.99 This contour set is perfect for a quick contour that's not too complicated. The shades work perfectly with my skin tone and provide a flawless, blended contour. For Christmas last year, my mom got me this contour kit and while I loved it, it broke my face out so for a 3rd of the price and no breakouts, I love this Maybelline set.

2. e.l.f. HD Lifting Concealer $3.00 I love using this concealer to hide small blemishes or the occasional pimple that pops up. It hides well and lasts all day.

3. e.l.f. Makeup Mist and Set $2.99 I'm not sure how effective this is - I don't seem to notice a difference if I use it or not but it is refreshing and feels great on my face. I used it after my flights the last few months and it left me feeling refreshed and hydrated.

4. Maybelline Super Stay Matte Lip $7.99 Y'all, I love this stuff! If you follow me on Instagram or Snapchat, you might have seen my review and testing of this lipstick last Friday. I wore it for a full 12 hours on Friday and it stayed on so well - I didn't have to reapply and it kept my lips hydrated all day. I have the shades #10 Dreamer and #15 Lover. I used #15 on Friday and noticed the color got darker as the day went on and thanks to Kelsey it came right off with some coconut oil.

5. e.l.f. Triple Tip Waterproof Eyeliner Pen $2.99 I'm not sure why I was only able to find a triple tip pen but mine is a single tip pen (like in the picture). I used my sister's Stila eyeliner pen a few weeks ago but at $22/pen I didn't want to splurge on it. I found this e.l.f. one at Target and felt as if it is no different. It goes on smooth and lasts all day!

6. e.l.f. Eyebrow Kit $2.99 With the eyebrow trend becoming big, I figured I should look into something to give me just a little more fill. I really like this kit because it fills in the gaps, doesn't look like I drew them on and doesn't leave a residue on my eyebrows (I can't stand that!).

7. L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Extra-Volume Collagen Mascara $5.99 April recommended this mascara a while ago and I've been hooked. I think it works really well and give my eyelashes a lot of volume.

8. e.l.f. Duo Concealer/Highlighter $3.00 I've been using this product for a while now and really like it! I hate spending a ton on under eye concealer because I feel like I go through it so quickly. This does a great job of covering up my dark circles (for the most part ;))

What did y'all think of this list? What's your favorite "cheap" makeup product that works really well?

Linking up with Annie

5 comments:

  1. I have tried #7 and I really liked it! (This post is totally scheduled for me next week, too! We are twins! Ha!) I also really like the e.l.f. bronzer in "Cool." It works really well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to see a lot of the e.l.f. line on your list. I have really been impressed with a lot of their stuff! And let me tell you, I do my eyebrows with a 99 cent Wet n' Wild pencil and I get the most compliments on how I do my eyebrows...people are shocked to hear it's just that. www.thebohobeachbabe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad!! I've been really impressed with them too! That's awesome you get so many compliments from that pencil! That's the best!

      Delete
  3. Super helpful, thanks! I use almost all drugstore makeup except for foundation (Bare Minerals) and have found great dupes for some really pricey products. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love the Maybelline Contour Set - it's amazing. These are all great finds and I'm going to check out some of your other recommendations. Good makeup doesn't have to be expensive!

    ReplyDelete