Weekending

Monday, August 21, 2017

Hey y'all! Guess what!? It's eclipse today!!

Just kidding with the excitement but it is going to be cool and let's hope Florida let's us see some of it today. Stephen and I keep laughing and saying how I'm sure it'll be overcast and we'll miss the whole thing. Is anyone going to be in the line of the eclipse? I'm bummed Stephen threw away our glasses.... #wontlethimforgetthatone



In other news, we had a weekend with no plans and it was glorious. Friday night, we ran to Target and then made it home just in time before a tornado hit up the street - thankfully everyone was okay and it was a small one. We had dinner, watched Hercules and called it an early night.

Saturday, we slept in and then was just super lazy. I watched a few episodes of Southern Charm and then we ran some errands. Afterwards, we had lunch then watched an episode of Modern Marvels on the Brooklyn Bridge (so crazy)... I might have fallen asleep at the end of the episode lol Once I woke up, I cleaned the house some then we got ready to go on a date night to Longhorn. Family members keep getting us Darden gift cards for holidays that we never use but we decided we needed to go out and it ended up being a great meal! We rarely go out to dinner like that and we need to start doing it more often.


Sunday we went to church, I met someone to pickup an embroidery item and then we shook things up by going to Aldi and not Publix ;) I'm in this mood where if I've got the time and I've been lazy, it's so hard to get motivated to get things done... so it took me a little bit to get going on cleaning and embroidery. Long story but I had some complications with one item I was working on and it took all evening/night to finish so that killed the rest of our Sunday. Stephen worked on smoking some pulled pork to test out for our cookout in a few weeks all day. That one also took forever ;) Why can't we have a full 3 day weekend again? Anyways, this adorable Columbia fishing baby romper turned out so great and I can't wait to deliver it to the mom-to-be :)



I hope everyone had a great weekend!! Linking up with Biana

5 comments:

  1. Three-day weekends are the best! You just feel so productive! So glad you're still loving "Southern Charm." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the embroidery that you are doing!! Sounds like a wonderful and laid back weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. We live a few hours from the direct eclipse in Wyoming but decided to stay home. Did not want to deal with the traffic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That romper is adorable! We were pretty close to the line and watched it but I'm not going to lie, we found it very anti-climactic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh that romper is SO CUTE!! And I love your sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete