Weekending: 30th Birthday Edition

Monday, June 6, 2016

This was the first of 3 crazy weekends and we kicked it off with a bang - we're still trying to recover lol This weekend was the first of two 30th birthday celebrations for my BIL.

Friday after work we headed over to Orlando to have a family birthday dinner with John and Lauren's side of the family - we were going 15 people strong! They catered a famous, local BBQ joint, 4Rivers (we catered them for our wedding) and it was delicious! After dinner, we did some cake, presents, played ping pong and checked out some of the new cars in the family.


This is one excited Uncle

He sure loves Siena!



Saturday, we were up bright and early - we got to see the beautiful sunrise over the lake and play with baby Siena before breakfast. After breakfast, Lauren and I ran over to a neighbor's moving sale and she scored some great roller blades! We then loaded up and headed out to an Orlando favorite water park - Wet n' Wild. Everyone kind of grew up going there and Universal is shutting it down at the end of the year so they can eliminate competition for their new water park. We decided we had to go this summer and John's birthday was the perfect excuse. It was a lot of fun but man, some of those rides were intense!! I faced my fears and did most everything :) After the water park, we grabbed dinner at Kobe's with everyone. I was completely oblivious for the first 5 minutes of sitting at our table but there was a group of clowns sitting across from us. That's right - CLOWNS!! It was so odd... guess you never know what you'll come across in Orlando.








For some odd reason, I woke up at 6:30am on Sunday and couldn't go back to sleep - how fun.. After watching some TV and browsing my phone, we headed to church and then ran to Publix. We got home right as it rained so I made lunch and then we finally booked our hotels for our CO trip! I think we've got all the big things done (except a hotel in Denver) so now we just need to figure out the activities we want to do in each city. It finally cleared up so Stephen ran outside to mow while I ran to a local farm to pick up some fresh, organic blueberries from our friends' farm in GA. Oh my, they were the best blueberries and every single one of them was perfect! Once I got home, I regretted waking up at 6:30, so I laid around the rest of the day (Stephen joined me after he finished up outside).


We finally finished LOST on Thursday night and we're glad our nights have now opened up (although now we don't know what to do with ourselves lol). We decided not to start another series anytime soon because I'm tired of having it take over our lives!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!! Linking up with Biana.

Side note: one of my best friends finally announced that she's having a little girl in November!! I am so excited for them and they picked out the most beautiful name :)

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun-filled weekend! (And that cake looks delicious!) Hapoy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun weekend! I haven't been to a water park in yearssss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh how fun does that waterpark look - so glad you guys had a fun weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your family certainly does birthdays right haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun weekend. That waterpark looks like so much fun. I haven't been to one in years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun weekend!! I loved seeing your snaps! I want to go to a water park now lol! Love the pictures of you and Stephen with Siena, so cute!! Woo hoo for booking your hotels for CO! I can't wait to read all about your trips there later this year!!!!! Whenever we finish a series we always feel that way, too lol but we like to take a break in between series too! Especially in the summer, when it's nice outside. Glad y'all had a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a great time at the water park! All of the birthday celebrations look like such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you had 4 rivers at your wedding-that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe how sad that they're closing wet n' wild. I haven't heard about their new plans for a water park. That's exciting! We're hoping to plan another weekend trip to Universal Studios this summer. My sisters have never been and we have some friends wanting to go so we may make a weekend out of it. Yay, babies. My best-friends sister just had the cutest baby boy weighing only 4 lbs. He was 4 weeks early, but he's doing so well. They want him to gain a little weight before they release him from the NICU, but otherwise he's healthy and perfect.

    kaitlyn-danielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. AHHHHHH yay you finished lost! I'd love to hear your thoughts haha.
    XO Ellen from Ask Away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love! Yall look fab and this looked like an absolute blast!

    ReplyDelete