Five on Friday

Friday, March 23, 2018

Happy Friday friends! We are so ready for a weekend at home, even if it's filled with taxes (poor Stephen) and lots of orders for PPE. We do have a fun brunch planned tomorrow with friends and can't wait to catch up about their Italy trip!
One
Our friends were so sweet and gifted us with a Date Box when we shared with them that we were pregnant and Stephen got a new job at the end of last year. We thought it was such a sweet and thoughtful gift (one we might have to steal ;)) and we finally got to use it after work one day this week! With being nauseous and wanting to go to sleep early, I wanted to make sure we really got to enjoy our time together and I'm so glad we waited to do it.

Our box had an escape room-esque game with ingredients to make homemade kettle popcorn, apple cider and caramel covered apples. Since we had recently eaten dinner, we decided on the game first which was so much fun for both of us and thankfully, we succeeded in escaping ;) Then we moved on to the popcorn - it was kind of a fail and then an even bigger fail for Stephen due to remembering a bad experience he had with homemade popcorn as a kid, but we did enjoy the cider with an episode of The Office - successful date night!



Two
Um, how excited is everyone for the new season of Southern Charm!? I was super late to the game because I didn't start the show until the end of season 4 but oh man, did I binge watch that show. Can't wait for it to come back in a few weeks!


Three
A few weeks ago, I was gifted an Olly  smoothie packet and after getting approval from my Dr, I tested it out. I usually like to make a smoothie to take with me on the drive into work and this made it so much easier - just add a liquid! I chose to add almond milk and thought it tasted really good - it did have a little powdery taste to it but it was still delicious and convenient.


Four
Because the blog world is so helpful and informative, I wanted to reach out and see what y'alls baby registry must haves are! I feel like we're pretty much done with the registry (other than a crib mattress) but I want to make sure I'm not missing any of your must haves :)

Five
This past weekend Stephen and I babysat our niece and nephew for the evening while my BIL & SIL went to a wedding. We had so much fun and the kids did so well! Siena is getting so big and is so much fun right now! We are in constant amazement at the fact she's getting so big so quickly.



Trying to show off his onsie - Luke's not impressed


I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!




4 comments:

  1. I cannot WAIT for Southern Charm! I have lots of actual baby registry favorites on my blog; just click on the "Favorite Things" tab on the left side of my blog and you can see them all. I have too many to mention! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are big fans of Southern Charm! I never saw it and then caught an episode once on an airplane and I've been hooked ever since!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I CANNOT WAIT for the new season of Southern Charm! I just saw a clip from the new season where Naomie calls out JD and now I'm really pumped!
    Carly~Always a Wildflower

    ReplyDelete
  4. You absolutely need a rock n' play! And a swing!!!

    ReplyDelete