Life Lately

Thursday, April 20, 2017

I figured since so many things have been going on for us, it was time to do a little life update.

As I'm sure most of you have seen on Instagram, we recently got back from a 5 day trip to NYC - I was actually hoping to have some blog posts up this week for it but haven't had time to write them. Stephen had the opportunity to put his name in the running for a conference with work in NY and he got picked! This was an exciting thing for us because he's usually so busy at work, he can't even request to go so all the office people in Denver get to go. I've always wanted to go to NYC but Stephen's always been indifferent about it so when we found out the conference was an hour north of the city, we jumped on the opportunity to make a mini-vacation out of it. Stephen was extra excited because he didn't have to pay for a lot of his expenses due to work ;) We left on Friday and his conference was Saturday & Sunday so my sister actually flew in so I could ride the train into the city and hang out with her and her friend. It actually worked out so well! After Stephen's conference was over, we moved into the city for our final days and saw so much! I can't wait to recap everything and share all the pictures - especially the ones Stephen took!



We got back on Wednesday and I was invited to tag along on one of the group's team building event at work the next day. They rented a pontoon boat for the day and we drove around one of the river's nearby, stopped at a swamp house for lunch and then cleaned up and went to a German restaurant for dinner. It was so much fun and the perfect way to ease back into the work week ;)

I went to work on Friday - at the last minute, I joined a few co-workers for a Good Friday service at one of the nearby churches. That was a neat experience getting to worship alongside your co-workers.

Saturday, we headed down to my in-laws for Easter weekend. It was so much fun seeing our niece again - we definitely can't go 4 months without seeing her again because she grew so much in that time! I will say it's been so nice being home this week.

Stephen finally finished most of his work on his big project at work which I am so thankful for - no more 60 hr weeks!

It's so funny how everything hits all at once... my business has had a steady flow of orders but over the past week, I've gotten over 20+ orders and all need to be done by the first week of May. I am so so thankful for the business and I can't wait to get these orders done but I am a little overwhelmed. This entire weekend is blocked off for PPE.

We're finalizing plans for when my family comes down to do a week at Disney after my sister's graduation and I'm so excited! I picked out all of the fastpasses last night and we have all our dinner reservations made. I did run into problems when I attached two sets of tickets to two different accounts for my sister but thankfully, Disney is the absolute best and got it all straightened out for me.

I've officially joined Tone It Up and signed up for their bikini series which starts on Monday! I've been preparing this whole week since we didn't eat healthy for 10 days with NYC and my in-laws and I've been loving living a healthier lifestyle. I can't wait to see how the bikini series goes!


Linking up with Annie.

6 comments:

  1. You guys really did look like you had a blast in NYC - I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear more about your New York trip! Yay for PPE booming! That's awesome. Can't wait to hear what you think of the Tone It Up series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NYC looked like so much fun!! I think I'm going in August and I'm so excited! If you have any tips or suggestions I would love to hear them!
    Erin
    http://theeverydayevents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be so much fun!! I'll definitely be blogging about our trip (hopefully soon) and I'll definitely try to share any advice or tips we have :)

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to read all of your recaps of NYC, your snaps looked so fun!!!! Woo hoo for all the PPE orders!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was in NYC just a couple of days before you for Spring Break, but unfortunately the weather did not corporate :( It looks like it was beautiful while you were there! How awesome that you could tag along with Stephen!

    ReplyDelete