Weekending

Monday, January 30, 2017

I'm very thankful to report we had another restful weekend this past weekend. Stephen's been working a lot of (unpaid) overtime and it looks like it's going to stay that way for a while. Surprisingly, he had off on Friday so once I got home from work, he started grilling dinner for us. I picked up a steak and chicken kabob from Publix and added some veggies - they turned out really well! Afterwards, we relaxed and watched the end of Season 4 of Downton Abbey.

Saturday, we slept in and then took some pictures for a breakfast recipe that I'll be sharing next week. Afterwards, I got to work on a few embroidery orders before heading out. Since moving to our town, we've been told about a cute little downtown area nearby - I've always wanted to see it but we've never made it down there. We decided to go on Saturday and bring along the camera to capture some of the items I monogrammed (post is coming Wednesday ;)). We loved the area and had so much fun exploring and taking pictures! I had no idea all of that was there and I'm so glad we discovered it before we have kids because there's an amazing park and even a splash pad!


On our way out, we were too tempted by the smell of pizza coming from a nearby restaurant that we stopped in a had a bite to eat. We, then, saw a local donut shop and stopped in for a donut to split... apparently we were on the high of finding a great area because that is definitely not our norm lol After coming home, I cleaned some of the house before getting ready for bed and watching the Christmas special from Season 4.


Sunday was so dreary, yet the perfect weather for a lazy Sunday. We went to church, ran by Publix and then came home to finish our pizza before starting chores. I cleaned the house and did laundry, did some administrative items for PPE, watched another episode of Downton, did some embroidery, packed for my business trip to Houston today and then rested the rest of the evening.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend - it seemed like it was pretty cold everywhere. Today I'm off to Houston, TX for a week long business trip. If you have any tips for shopping or things to do after work, let me know :)

Linking up with Biana

7 comments:

  1. I grew up near Houston, so text me! I have lots of non-chain restaurant recommendations! ;) And, this sounds like the perfect weekend. I love kebabs on the grill and catching up on shows. That Christmas episode was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding a good donut place is always a highlight to my weekend LOL! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend. Pizza and donuts are always a winner. I love finding hidden gems around our town to explore too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and relaxing weekend!! These relaxing weekends are much needed after all the end of the year holiday excitement lol! Matthew is working a ton of overtime too, it's tax season so it'll be like this for a few months :( Glad Stephen had the weekend off!!!! So fun finding a new area of town, the pictures are great and the donut looks delicious!! Have fun in Houston!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like such a nice weekend - the best are the ones with relaxing! Your dinner Friday night sounds ideal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds wonderful (as usual) to me and I'll be the first to say how exciting it is that you now do leather!!! (I was looking at the bag haha) Have a great day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donuts are my weakness and that donut looks AMAZING!! Sounds like a pretty relaxing weekend :)

    ReplyDelete