Baja Fish Tacos

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

I actually made these tacos a while ago and never got around to posting the recipe. I really liked these tacos but Stephen wasn't a fan - to each, his own ;)





Ingredients:
Tacos
- 1 lb firm, white fish fillet, cut into 1.5" pieces (I didn't do this and it was a mistake)
- 12 oz can Mexican beer
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup Mexican beer
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- Tortillas
- 1 medium lime, cut into wedges
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 red onion, cut into strips

Baja Sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Directions:
1. Place fish in a large plastic bag. Add the can of beer and taco seasoning in the bag and chill for a few hours.

2. While waiting, make the Baja sauce by combining all the ingredients. Stir well and refrigerate until ready for use.

3. In a medium bowl, combine lour, salt, sugar and baking powder. Whisk in 1 cup of beer and hot sauce. Remove the fish (discard the marinade) and coat in batter. I cooked the fish on the stove but see the original recipe for directions on how to really fry the fish.

4. Once cooked through, place a few pieces of fish on each tortilla. Squeeze fresh lime juice on the fish, top with the remaining ingredients (or anything else you wish to add) and add the Baja sauce.

6 comments:

  1. Mmmm... yum! Haha! Whenever I read recipe blogs in the morning, I start getting weird cravings for BREAKFAST, like fish tacos and sushi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! We've never done fish tacos and I love me some tacos so it's nice to mix it up every once in a while - definitely trying this! I think Derek would actually like it better than regular tacos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could seriously eat fish tacos every night - I can't wait to try your version! Love the addition of beer, my husband will appreciate that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum--these sound delicious!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband is a picky eater, so we always have a hard time finding things we both like. Those tacos sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete