24 Things for 24 Years

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Today is my 24th birthday! It's weird to think I'm not in my early 20's anymore but I'm realizing it's also fun getting older (I'll be regretting those words in a few years). To celebrate my birthday, I've decided to do a post of 24 things about me!


1. I eat the same lunch everyday, if I pack my lunch which is 95% of the time. I look forward to eating a simple sandwich, chips, fruit and dessert everyday and I'm so thankful Stephen enjoys it too

2. I've moved 15+ times in my life. All of the moves (except college and after) were for my dad's job and no, he's not in the military

3. In 5th grade, I wanted glasses and braces so so bad but never needed either. I still don't need either of them and am so glad I never got them


4. Now that I'm older, I cry in basically every Disney movie

5. I like to travel but after a week or so, I'm ready to be home

6. I'm born and raised in FL (except for 1.5 years we lived in Atlanta) but I have a southern accent so I'm constantly asked where I'm from

7. I'm scared to be on a plane for more than 4 hours

8. I'm obsessed with mini dachshunds but we agreed we won't get a dog until our kids are older

9. I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering but my job is technical marketing

I always wanted to go to Hibachi restaurants for my birthday dinner

This was my 18th birthday in HHI

10. As a kid, we would go to Hilton Head Island every year and the majority of the time it was with our close family friends. Stephen got his first taste of HHI a last week!

11. I'm a total homebody - I'd rather stay in than go out any day

12. I'd much rather use paper to read and keep track of things rather than the computer or phone. I still love my paper planner


13. Father of the Bride and Father of the Bride 2 are movies I could watch over and over and I cry every time I watch them

14. Stephen and I are on the 5 year plan for kids - 2 down, 3 to go

15. Stephen and I started dating in the beginning of my sophomore year of college and we got married after my senior year but before my super senior semester

16. I've never been too into golf (my whole family is and my sister is amazing) but I played my senior year of high school and last year for a work league

This was my 21st Birthday...

This also happened that year for my birthday!

17. I hate running but I've done a couple of 5k's and 1 half marathon with my college roommate (to be fair, I didn't run the whole half)

18. I call my mom everyday, except for weekends

19. I love anything that's monogrammed - if you're ever without a gift, get something that's monogrammed

20. I am scared to death of horror movies and will never watch one, especially ones with spirits and ghosts


21. I will always have my toes painted

22. If I'm sleeping alone, I need to have a TV on

23. I've never dyed my hair and have no plans to do so until I get grey hair

24. I've hated bananas my whole life until 2 years ago, now I eat them all the time

This was my 22nd birthday on our honeymoon! We were supposed to have dinner on the beach but it got rained out from a tropical storm

8 comments:

  1. omg so many things I relate too! 1) I totally get you with the tv thing! #samehere 2) I was the same growing up wanting braces and glasses, ended up needing braces and no you didn't miss out on anything lol! 3) jealous that you can eat the same thing everyday, my husband is the same way but I get bored easily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha right!? Now that I'm older, I'm so glad I didn't end up with braces or glasses (although they have some adorable glasses). Yeah I was always content with a sandwich in school when my mom packed my lunches but my sister couldn't stand eating a sandwich everyday. I don't know what I'm going to do when I'm pregnant!!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday!! I loved reading these fun fact about you! I hope your day is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday - I hope you have the best day! I eat usually eat the same lunch every day too (well a rotation of like two lunches - but every week!), I'm such a homebody too, yes to all the monograms and you guys are adorable in that engagement day photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! I still write a lot of things down on paper, too. I don't want to be 100% dependent on my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday!! I was so with you on wanting braces soooo badly in elementary school, but I never had them either. I did get the (unwanted) glasses though :) Such a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, it is always so fun to read these posts! I could watch Father of the Bride over and over again, any gift with a monogram is perfect and personal which I love and I will always have my toes painted too! :) Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really enjoy reading other posts like this as well! Every time Father of the Bride is on TV, I have to watch it... then cry lol

      Delete