M&M Blondies

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

I've been a little MIA the last few days - we've been super busy and it's only going to get busier with my bestie's wedding coming up with weekend!

So before my blondie post... I've noticed Stephen and I have been matching outfits lately. A lot lately actually. To be honest, I don't know how this happens because we live together so we should see we're matching before walking out the door, but I only ever notice when we actually get to the location that we're matching. I can't imagine what it's going to be like when we have kids - here comes that family of four with matching outfits... I can see it now.

I noticed we were matching in the middle of church and had to snap a picure

Now onto the good stuff - I pinned this blondie recipe a week or so ago and really wanted to test it out so I figured it'd be perfect to welcome Stephen home last week. These turned out really good and I think they're even better when kept cold in the fridge. For some reason, all of my m&m's sank to the bottom of the pan so that kind of stunk (please let me know if you have a solution!). 




See - all the m&m's are on the bottom


Ingredients
- 1/2 cup butter, softened 
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1.5 cups m&m's (I used mini m&m's and didn't measure the amount and just added what I thought was a good amount)

Directions
1. Beat the butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add the eggs vanilla and beat again. Sift together the salt, baking powder and flour. Slowly add the dry mixture into the wet mixture and continue to beat while adding. Stir in 1 cup of m&m's by hand.

2. Spread the batter into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle the top with the extra 1/2 cup of m&m's (I failed to do this step which might be why all of the m&m's fell to the bottom). 

3. Bake at 350 degrees for 23-25 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting and store in a sealed container.


4 comments:

  1. Blondies are my FAVORITE dessert - seriously, they are just so tasty! I love that you two are matching - we do that all the time and same as you, I can only imagine how it will be with kids, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are the cutest! Those blondies look delicious! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete