Weekending

Monday, February 9, 2015

This weekend was pretty low key but a lot of fun. Things have been pretty busy for both of us at work lately so it was nice to be able to relax and spend some good, quality time together. Friday night we made nachos and watched Apollo 13. I'd never seen that movie before and apparently didn't pay any attention to this event in school because I had no clue what the outcome was going to be (#historyfail). Loved the movie though - if you like historical space movies, I'd recommend watching The Right Stuff. I just think this movie is fantastic, although it's a little long.

Saturday we made pancakes and spent a few hours working on our second room. After realizing the fabric glue I bought made the colors bleed, I resorted to sewing 4 yards of fabric by hand. I cannot wait to finish but unfortunately the hand sewing is going to slow down the process. That afternoon we ran to the outlet mall to find some bachelorette gifts from the Victoria Secret outlet store. If you live near Orlando, you need to go there. Everything is last season (so who cares) and is super cheap! I got a swimsuit cover up for $7 and a swim suit top for $7. I also ran over to the Kate Spade store and found a purse I really liked but wasn't 100% sold so I opted out of getting it (here is my long-winded Kate Spade purse debacle). I couldn't decide between the cream and black purse - the cream will show dirt and I already have a black purse so I decided to wait and look for one for my birthday (hello July 4th sales!) Hopefully this one or this one will be on sale - the brown color matches everything. Random but I had a really hard time walking away from this dress at J Crew Factory.

Love the side strap option


Definitely want to look for a purse with the bowler shape for my birthday

After the mall, we ran over to Downtown Disney for dinner and dessert. We had to get our favorite Greek salad from Earl of Sandwich and a cookie bottom sundae from Ghirardelli

Disney is now selling tails... super weird if you ask me but I had to try one on



After church on Sunday, we ran to get some gas and since the lotto is up to $400 million, we had to buy a $2 ticket. I've never bought a lotto ticket before so Stephen let me get this one. Wouldn't it be amazing if I had beginner's luck? We also ran to Wal-mart to pick up some more thread for our 2nd room sewing project and I saw some men's tanks for $4 so I had to pick one up for the summer. I'm thinking about getting it monogrammed but we'll see.

Please excuse my mix-matched purse, I didn't feel like switching it over

Got all this for less than $20! Can you tell I'm ready for summer?

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Linking up with Biana

1 comment:

  1. What a great weekend! You two are so cute. I love the cream purse; you should go for it!

    ReplyDelete