Second Bedroom Redo | Part 2

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Last week I talked about our 2 bedroom apartment dilemma and how we're trying to make the best of our small space. Thank you for your kind comments on how we're trying to utilize our space - they were greatly appreciated! We finally finished the last stage of the process by creating a fabric cover for all of the items we have stored under tables.

You can read about our situation and some solutions here.

We bought 4 yards of fabric from Jo Ann's and I had planned on using fabric glue but it bled through and the colors were bleeding onto each other. My only other option was to hand sew the whole thing (I found out half way through that there is iron on fabric glue stuff), By the time I got 3/4 of the way done, I was so over the hand sewing. I'm so glad I persevered because I love how it turned out, but I did vow to never hand sew ever again. 

To secure the fabric and obtain access to everything underneath, we epoxied Velcro to the table and sewed it onto the fabric. It hides everything underneath perfectly!

Here's a quick overview

At some point I'd like to make a bulletin board to put above my desk but I'll save that for another day - I'm pretty DIY'd out right now.

Linking up with Annie.


  1. What a great idea! It turned out great and seems super functional. Also, kudos to you for hand sewing all of that!

  2. Great job!! It looks really nice.

  3. I would do that all the time in my classroom! It would drive me crazy that anyone that walked in would see the mess I had under my desk! haha. Looks great and I love the fabric you chose!

  4. Such a creative idea! Awesome job, I am sure you're enjoying your "new" space! Xo, Stephanie

  5. I thought this looked good last week. Now it looks great with the covers! That is such a good idea!

    1. Thanks Christina!! I'm super pumped about it and it being a pretty easy solution to hiding all our stuff :)