A Plaid Scarf & Pumpkin Cookies

Monday, October 13, 2014

We just got back from Charleston last night and had a blast! I'll have to blog about our adventures there later this week :)

Last week I was on a little adventure of my own - I went to Atlanta for business and boy does Atlanta have some good shopping for when I'm free in the evenings. So I've mentioned before that I've really been wanting to find this plaid scarf for the fall and figured that Atlanta would be the best bet for finding one (I couldn't find one in Florida). I was right! So here's the long story (if you don't want to read all this then just skip to the pics)... I went to the Mall of Georgia Tuesday night and found this scarf from a neat store called Altar'd State (wish there was one in Orlando). I was super excited that was the closest thing to the scarf I wanted, they just received it the day before and everything was 20% so I saved $5. So I snagged it and sent a picture to my mom and sister. Well turns out my sister loved it and I thought it'd be a great Christmas gift (she already knows all this btw lol) I went back Wednesday evening to get another one for my sister and they were sold out!!! I couldn't believe they were gone in one day. So I was a little disappointed but I figured we'd find her another gift closer to Christmas.


I had checked the Charming Charlie website a while ago and didn't see a plaid scarf I liked so I had written off the store. I decided to browse around and then I saw it... the exact scarf I'd been looking for and it was half the price of all the ones online!!! I was so excited (I'm such a loser getting this excited over a scarf). So I quickly took some pictures and snagged the scarf. So I got the scarf I was looking for and my sister gets the scarf she liked for Christmas. A double win!


 Now onto the good stuff - Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies! After getting back from Atlanta, I wanted to make some cookies for our trip to Charleston with some leftover pumpkin puree that I had.





Ingredients
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- Chocolate chips

Directions
1. Mix together the oil, sugar, egg and pumpkin
2. Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt while continuously mixing
3. Add in your desired amount of chocolate chips and mix well
4. Spoon onto a greased cookie sheet
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!