Weekending: Our First Guests!

Monday, July 27, 2015

Last week and this weekend have been super busy; I'm going to need another day to recover! I totally missed Five on Friday last week because things were so crazy. I took a quick business trip Mon-Wed to Atlanta and after work I ran to an outlet mall that had a Vinyard Vines store and a Ghirardelli store. I snagged a beautiful dress at Vinyard Vines for $36 (original price was $160) and I had actually eyed the dress while we were in Hilton Head - good thing I didn't get it then! Of course I couldn't leave without getting some ice cream from Ghirardelli's ;)



Don't worry, I didn't eat all of this

Wednesday and Thursday I spent the entire evening cleaning and getting things ready for my brother and sister-in-law, John and Lauren, to come and stay with us Friday night. This was our first time ever hosting anyone since we got married except for my sister who braved our couch and one bathroom at the apartment. I love hosting people so I'm really glad that we have the space to do so now! We also got to see a Delta IV rocket launch from our backyard with a beautiful sunset - it was definitely exciting.


Finally got our monogram hung that Stephen got for my birthday and I love it! (Ignore the messy table)


John and Lauren made it in Friday evening and we headed out to try a local restaurant that's always crowded (crowded = good, right?). It ended up being good food with a fun atmosphere which is exactly what we wanted. After dinner, we came home for birthday presents (John's was in June and Stephen & my birthdays were a few weeks ago), ice cream sundaes and Scattergories.



Saturday morning I made breakfast sandwiches and then we headed over to the mall to do some shopping and meet some friends for lunch. The people we met for lunch have a 3 month old baby so it was great to see them again and meet their little man!

Check out my new plates John and Lauren got me for my birthday!

We finally had someone to take our picture in front of the house


Baby Dylan was so cute and had the blondest hair ever! 

She's a natural! Only 3 more months till baby Hirst is here!

My friend, Amanda, was driving by on her way home from Atlanta and was able to swing by and see the house! I was so glad I got to see her again (she lives in a different state) and I got to show her the house. John and Lauren headed out soon after - we were sad to see them go but after they left, Stephen and I crashed on the couch. We decided to watch Sharknado 3 (we've never even seen the first 2 so I'm not sure why we decided to watch it) and it was the worst movie I've ever seen but it was pretty funny with all the cameos. There were SO many random famous people in that movie and I also died watching Ian Ziering play the hero after seeing his personality on Celebrity Apprentice.



Sunday we were able to relax and take it easy after church, which is really the first time since moving in. We had a great weekend and loved seeing so many friends/family! Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Linking up with Biana.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new home - it is beautiful! Glad you got to have such a fun weekend with your family! Happy Monday, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend full of family and friends! Hope you have an awesome week! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So busy you guys have been - it looks like a great few days though and how fun to finally be able to host! I love the dress you found on your trip too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is so cute! Can't beat that price!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been to a Ghiradelli store. It looks heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a great weekend! Yay for hosting family in your new home. :)

    ReplyDelete