Five on Friday

Friday, October 27, 2017

How crazy is it that this is the last Friday in October and we officially have less than 2 months until Christmas!? I honestly can't believe it and even though this is my absolute favorite time of year, I wish it would slow down a little. I'm sure November will go even faster because we're going to be pretty busy but with all fun events :)

One
I have two delicious, colder weather recipes to share with you today. The first one is the black bean, sweet potato and turkey chili recipe that my friend made for our #BasicFallParty. Every time she's made this recipe, it's been a huge hit!! She said she used this recipe and also added in some cooked, ground turkey.


Two
The second recipe is Owen's crockpot quiona Mexican casserole. Thankfully, I had this dish planned before I knew the colder weather was coming so this hit the spot. I've been going through a phase where I'm not a huge fan of Mexican-type food (outside of Tex Mex) but I couldn't get enough of this stuff! This will definitely be on repeat in our house.


Three
I'm sure everyone is saying the same thing but I am legit obsessed with this cooler weather! We have been so excited to have real fall weather the past few days and even though it's supposed to be in the 80's again today, we all loved the weather in Florida while it lasted. Since it was cooler, I busted out my fall clothes for work and even curled my hair ;)

Try to ignore the dusty mirror... cleaned it the 2nd day lol
Sweater (need one of these in every color) / Skirt - last season / Boots (SimilarSimilar) / Purse (Kate Spade Outlet)

Sweater (old) / Button Down / Pants / Shoes (old) / Necklace (on sale!)

Four
I recently found a new, fun podcast which is just in time for Halloween. It's called Deadly Manners and it's a fictional thrilled based on a 1950's murder mystery and is voiced by Hollywood actors. It definitely captures you and at ~30 minutes an episode, it's not too much overload (although I do hate having to wait for the next episodes).


Five
With all of this beautiful weather, we've been coming home after work and going on bike rides through the neighborhood. We love being able to get out and enjoy the weather while getting in some exercise!


I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! I will be utilizing my time by working on all my PPE orders and tomorrow morning I'm doing the breast cancer walk with some co-workers in downtown Orlando.

2 comments:

  1. Yum, that chili sounds delicious! I need to make it. And I've been loving all of your outfits lately; SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you loved that crockpot meal!! So yummy!

    ReplyDelete