Christmas Decorations 2015

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

First of all, I missed my post yesterday due to some garland that wouldn't cooperate with me so I have to say hello December! I can't believe Christmas is finally upon us and I cannot wait to celebrate Jesus' birth!


We pretty much maxed out our Christmas decorating space in our apartment with spending 2 Christmases there. Now that we have a house, my mind is running wild with ideas of how to decorate. I have to remind myself that with this being our 3rd Christmas, our house isn't going to look like my mom's house this year - it's going to take time to accumulate Christmas decorations. We really try to get most of our decorations the day after Christmas since everything is on major sale. For example, we got our Christmas tree for $45 and it's a really nice, full one. I do know that Jo-Ann's has all of their Christmas decorations marked down 60% and will go even higher the closer it gets to Christmas.

This year, we kind of covered the bases and kept things more simple. However, our list is constantly growing with items we want to buy the day after Christmas.


We finally got a fake tree and I couldn't be more happy!!




I was so excited, I snagged this sign from Kirklands after Christmas last year for less than $5!


Stephen's mom made us that cute little basket on top with pine cones from their yard

I love this garland and I'm really hoping it stays up. The other night I had the worst time getting it to stay.

Since this was the first year in our house, we were able to put lights up outside! Stephen did an amazing job wrapping the palm tree and I thing next year we'll add some to the roof. I would also love to put a small lit tree on either side of the door and add some lit garland. I also put red bows on the lights but the bulbs are so bright, you can't see them here.


I found this rug at Target for $10

I'm so glad the decorations are done so that we can finally enjoy them and relax! What are your favorite decorations to put up?

Linking up with Jessi.

9 comments:

  1. Your decor is spot on and not overdone which I love!! The tree topper is so cute! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new Christmas decor - great job and awesome price for the tree. One of my faves of yours though is the Reindeer on the bottom of the sofa table - it is ADORABLE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your decorations are super cute! I have to remind myself that it takes years to accumulate lots of good decorations too :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your decorating style--everything looks so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe... your place looks gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Obsessed!! Aren't you glad you kept that gorgeous sofa table? Everything looks FAB! Thanks for linking up! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your decorations they are amazing! I always wait till after Christmas to buy new decorations so when I opened my boxes this year it was fun to put out my new things from last year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your decorations look gorgeous! we got a fake tree this year also, and i'm super pleased with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love! Everything looks so great - I especially love the manger scene setup!

    ReplyDelete