Five on Friday

Friday, March 24, 2017

One
Stephen recently found out he was selected to represent his company at a conference in NYC in a few weeks! I've always wanted to go to NYC so we figured this would be the best time for me to go since most of his stuff is paid for. We are so excited to see the city but we really need recommendations as to what to do. We would like to see as much as we can while we're there - looks like it'll be about 5 days but for 2 of them, Stephen will be at the conference.

Here's what we have so far: Central Park, New World Trade Center, Empire State Building, going up on The Rock, Times Square, China Town, Little Italy and possibly catching a Broadway show (if we can get tickets cheap). We'd love any suggestions or recommendations y'all have!


Two
Stephen surprised me with a Fitbit Blaze yesterday! I read Caitlin's review of the blaze and then saw Kelsey talk about how much she loved hers so it sparked my interest. Now that I'm super motivated to workout and get into shape, the thought of a smart watch was interesting to me. I didn't want a fitbit that didn't have a big screen and act as a normal watch and seeing the chunkiness of the blaze always turned me off to it - until, I found out that you could change out the band! Once I found that out, I was definitely more interested and did a ton of research into the watch. (Side note: I don't have an iPhone so I couldn't get an Apple Watch - plus it's too expensive)
Once I settled on the watch, I told Stephen and he was so sweet and got me one! Now, I'm looking into different bands. We just ordered one like this and I think I'm going to ask for this one and this one for my birthday.

Three
We are so excited because Stephen has off this weekend (it was looking like he was going to have to work the weekend for most of the week) which means we're finally going back to Disney!!!! We are so excited to go back and we may or may not be taking pictures for some new Premium Pineapple items ;)

Speaking of Premium Pineapple, we had our first giveaway this week and I'm so thrilled with everyone who participated! Thank you so much for your support :)

Four
Sperry recently released their new line of sneakers and I have to say, I'm very interested. Stephen and I love Sperry's; heck, we met because of Sperry's! I wasn't sure about their new sneaker line but after seeing them, I really like them! I'm thinking of asking for a pair for my birthday for theme parks or anytime I want comfy shoes without going full sneaker.




Five
I finally started recapping our Charleston trip this week! Check our our Day 1 and Day 2. I'm hoping to have our final day with a roundup and an outfit post up next week :)


I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! I'm looking forward to finishing up an order tonight then be free as a bird this weekend :)



8 comments:

  1. Yay for NYC! I'll email you some recommendations from our time there last winter. It was so fun! And those Sperry sneakers are so cute! We love Sperry's in this house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous of y'alls upcoming NYC trip!! I wrote 2 posts last year about our trip, I will have to go back and find them for restaurant suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh NYC is going to be so fun!! Yay for the Fitbit blaze! You will love it :) I have that white band and a leather one on my wish list too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NYC will be amazing and I can't wait to hear all about it! I have always wanted to go!
    Erin
    http://theeverydayevents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, so exciting about your NYC trip coming up!!!!! Matthew went on his senior trip and loved the city. Sadly, I've never been! Absolutely can't wait to see all the pictures from that trip!!!!! After talking to you about the Fitbit Blaze and looking into them a little more I told Matthew that I need one now lol! I love those bands you picked out!!!!! So cute! Woo hoo for a free weekend and for Stephen not having to work! Enjoy it all!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. NYC will be so fun! I can't wait to go one day. And I'm heading over to check out your trip to Charleston. I've always wanted to visit there as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ekkk! NYC you will LOVE! Seth has never been either so it makes me crave a trip that much more! Can't wait to see the new pics and I hope y'all have a fabulous weekend friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love NYC. There are still so many "classic tourist things" that I've never done, but it's all good. Maybe someday! I hope you can see a Broadway show. I recommend checking out Groupon for NYC. The last time I went, I did that - the show was off-Broadway but the tickets were good and the show was awesome (and hilarious). It was Disenchanted if you're curious.

    -Lauren
    http://shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com/2017/03/a-bit-more-about-usborne-books-and-more.html

    ReplyDelete