Charleston: Day 1

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

I am so excited to finally share with you our recent trip to Charleston! Since we have to many pictures I'm going to share them in different posts - I will give an overview of where we stayed and where we ate at the end of the final post.

Charleston is seriously my favorite city ever - I would love to live there one day. Thankfully, Stephen's best friend lives there so we were super excited when he was getting married there. Ultimately, this trip was for his wedding but we were able to squeeze in a lot of sightseeing.

Thursday, we were on the road by 6 am so we could make it into town for Stephen to have lunch with his friends and go hang out with them for the day. Like I shared on Friday, our first stop was Rainbow Row and immediately after parking, we saw and met Julia and Thomas! Talk about a great way to start a trip ;) After getting over that excitement, we checked out Rainbow Row before Stephen ran off with his friends to tour the USS Yorktown and I was on my own. I continued to walk around the streets near rainbow row before heading over to the Charleston City Market and King Street. I was glad I did King Street without Stephen because I could take my time and browse through all of the fun stores. I was able to find 2 cute shirts from H&M and a Vineyard Vines jacket for cheap :)

The bride was so sweet and asked me to join them to get their nails done! It was perfect because the salon was on King Street so I was able to finish up my shopping and walk over to the salon. I had a great time getting to know the bride, her sisters, mom and mother-in-law.



Super creep but since I didn't ask for a picture with Julia, there they are in the bottom left. I promise we didn't take this picture to get them in it















Later that night, I met back up with Stephen and we headed back downtown to eat dinner at Hominy. This is my favorite restaurant in Charleston because of their delicious southern food. We weren't too hungry so we split their veggie plate which was perfect for the two of us.


Their cheese grits are literally the best! 


Linking up with Jessi

6 comments:

  1. Your pictures are so great and have me dying for our trip! We have reservations at Hominy Grill already, so I'm glad to hear you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm that food looks delicious! Of all my trips to charleston I've never eaten there, need to add it to my list for next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!! I've never been to Charleston but it's on my top 10 bucket list for places to travel to in the US!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE all of these pictures!!!! I have never been to Charleston, but I am dying to go one day!! It is definitely on our list of places to visit. So nice that the bride invited you to get your nails done with everyone!!!! Can't wait to read more about your trip!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are great! You guys got in a lot of great things even with the wedding activities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh I've been waiting for this! Gorgeous x10 and you look so super cute! Y'all move there bc you'll be that much closer to me here in VA! Haha

    ReplyDelete