Charleston: Day 2

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Welcome back to my recap of our recent trip to Charleston, SC! You can catch up on our first day here.

Friday, we had the wedding rehearsal at 11:30 am so we decided to run into town to get breakfast at Callie's Little Hot Biscuit which was simply amazing! We got there around 9 am - there was no one downtown and the line was pretty small. Oh my goodness, the biscuits were SO delicious but there was minimal seating inside and we couldn't find a place outside. We stood in front of a store and tried to eat them standing up while Stephen took a work call - quite a sight. (If you know of a good seating area, please let me know because I'm sure we'll be coming back to Callie's next time we're in Charleston)



Once we finished breakfast, we headed over to the wedding venue for the rehearsal. Afterwards, we were on our own until later that evening for the rehearsal dinner. I've been dying to see the pineapple fountain so that was our first stop for the day. We had a great time walking around Charleston waterfront, taking pictures and seeing the famous pineapple fountain. This was the day I wore my new button down dress - I loved it and got so many compliments but the wind that day was awful and kept blowing up my dress... not ideal. Stephen loves taking pictures with my new camera and took all of the following photos. It was so sweet, he kept wanting to take pictures of me around town so I'm going to save those for a separate post to showcase the dress and ensure this one isn't a million pictures long.






After the pineapple fountain, we grabbed lunch at nearby Magnolia's which was super delicious! Then we headed out to explore the fabulous neighborhoods in downtown Charleston. We walked all around and saw the most beautiful houses - we even made it down to Battery Park. We were exhausted after and headed back to the hotel before the rehearsal dinner.





























The bride and groom held the rehearsal dinner at their apartment complex's clubhouse which worked out really well! They catered food for the relatives and wedding party and then a hour later, their out of town friends came in and was able to hang out. They wanted to do this so they could spend quality time with those who were out of town instead of just saying a few words to them at the wedding.


Stephen said a few words about the bride and groom during the "open speech" time

The groom got the groomsmen these neat, customized grilling kits

Come back next week for my final two posts about Charleston :) Linking up with Annie.

6 comments:

  1. Your pictures are so cute! I love that one of you sitting in front of the pineapple fountain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnolias is one of my very favorite restaurants there! And omg those biscuits look AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great day - that biscuit place looks ah-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE all of the pictures- Stephen is quite the photographer!! That dress looks adorable on you. Love the picture of you in it in front of the pineapple, it looks like it should be in a magazine!! Also, I am dying to see the pineapple fountain, too! That picture of y'all with your dress on and those beautiful trees needs to be framed ASAP! And the biscuit looks delicious! When we go to Charleston some day, I'll be coming back to your posts to make a list of all the places I want to try lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah so fun! we lived in charleston for two years and it's one of my favorite cities! callies is the best! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yessss to it ALL! It looks like you were made for Charleston- especially in the fountain pics! So cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete