Weekending

Monday, February 29, 2016

We had a much needed and wonderful weekend - I would appreciate just one more day ;) After a very long week (3 long weeks for Stephen) and basically not seeing Stephen all week since he would come home late from work, eat and go to bed, we enjoyed relaxing and spending time together. My sister even came down for the weekend which was fantastic and so so good to see her!

A side note: Happy Leap Day - which means nothing but it's every 4 years so it's something to note lol


Friday, my sister came down from school to stay the weekend. After we all got home, we enjoyed relaxing a little (she even got a quick nap in lol) before cooking out. I've been wanting Stephen to grill out hamburgers for a while now and this was the perfect opportunity. It was delicious and the perfect Friday night meal. After dinner, we decided that we had to watch Nacho Libre. My sister and I loved that movie when we were younger and quote it ALL the time - so for old times sake, we watched it and had so many laughs. We were all so tired after the movie that we went to be around 9:30 #oldpeople.

She was so sweet and got me flowers!

Went fancy again with bottled Cokes... so much more fun and the Coke Life wasn't too bad!


Saturday morning, we woke up and planned on running but it was freezing outside and my sister having some allergy problems, so we decided to take it easy and go on a quick walk. It was great catching up! Afterwards, we made breakfast and got ready to head over to Downtown Disney. My sister is obsessed with Disney and hadn't seen the new DD renovations so we had to go. The weather was beautiful and we had an amazing time walking around - of course, we had to get Ghirardelli's. Afterwards we headed home to relax some more and ended up starting the Fuller House season. I read it was awful but it wasn't that bad! I mean it's a little cheese, but it's a fun show.



Had to get a picture with the pineapple


And one with the ice cream... 

We like to joke and say we're Anna and Elsa so we got a picture with the dolls and then realized we color coordinated with them!


Later that night, we abandoned my sister (she knew long before coming up and used the time to study) for our first supper club!! One of Stephen's co-workers wanted to start one and we were so excited! This was actually my first time meeting them but it was a lot of fun and we stayed over there until 12:30 am!! #nolongeroldpeople ;) Poor Caroline was not expecting to be left at home but was glad we had a good time.

Had to get a picture together since my sister was able to take it for us lol

Because we didn't get to bed until after 1am, the long week we had and my sister was going to leave before we went to church to get home at a good time, we decided to skip church and watch it online instead. It worked out really well and we got to spend a little more time with her before she left. After she left, I got to studying then we did some errands and then came back home to laundry and studying.

It was such a great weekend and I loved all of the quality time I got with my sister and Stephen - it was much needed. Unfortunately for me, even though my class from last week is over, I've still got some major studying to do before my exam (hopefully) next week so I'll probably be MIA over here for a little while - we'll see how the week goes.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!! Linking up with Biana.

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend! Love yours & your sisters outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend - I love the idea of a supper club!!! Have a great Monday :) www.HannahAtHomeBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coke life? I have not heard of that before but I need to look it up! I'm intrigued by the bottles haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your sister was able to visit and that you all had some quality time together! Our weekend was like that so this week & weekend I can't wait for quality time. It's just the best!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun that you're close enough for Downtown Disney to be afternoon plans!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like such a fun weekend! Loved your outfits you are wearing in the pictures! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!! We had a great time! Even though I'm glad I got some more wear out of my fall/winter clothes, I'm ready for some florals ;)

      Delete
  7. What a great weekend! Sisters are the best aren't they?! I'm going to Disney on Friday I cannot wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a good weekend. Good luck on your exam.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love that picture with the big ole pineapple! I just got my husband some bottled comes too...they just taste better! You and your sis are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I had to get one in front of it! Bottled cokes are just so much more fun! And thanks, I'm so glad she got to visit and I'm already missing her!

      Delete
  10. This sounds like the best weekend! I love a night (preferably outside) at home on Friday nights and you can't beat an afternoon at Disney. Such fun that you've started a super club too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun weekend and I love the idea of a super club, I can't wait to hear more about it!
    https://32789design.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend! It was a lot of fun!! We need lunch so we can catch up :)

      Delete
  12. Looks like a great weekend! Such cute pictures of you and your sis!

    ReplyDelete