Five on Friday!

Friday, December 5, 2014

Am I the only one still in shock over the fact that it's the official first weekend in December? I really hate to admit this, but I'm having a hard time with it not "feeling" like Christmas to me. I'm not sure what it is, but right now it doesn't feel real that Christmas is a few short weeks away. Maybe some wrapping therapy and Christmas music will help this weekend...

One
A favorite Christmas cookie of ours is the Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip cookies. My sister is uh-mazing at making these cookies but since she's not living with me anymore, I have to try to live up to her baking standards. I'm going to make some of these delicious cookies this weekend so I'll post the recipe soon! My mom always adds Christmas colored m&m's to make them more festive so of course, I had to get my first (probs not my last) bag of Christmas m&m's.


Two
Today my group at work is having a big Christmas brunch. They do this every year and there's always TONS of delicious food. Two years ago, I made pumpkin coffee cake but this year I opted for something more traditional - breakfast casserole. My mom has a great recipe from a family friend. It's always delicious when she makes it. I'll be sure to post that recipe soon as well. I also banked on there being so much food that I wouldn't need to pack my lunch.


Three
Last Sunday we got our Christmas tree after church and then decorated it at night. We were happy with how it turned out! The tree ended up being wider than we originally thought but it works. Also excuse the crooked star - it has since been fixed. I'll do a post next week with our tree, some of our decorations and a few of my favorite ornaments!


Four
Tomorrow night is Stephen's company Christmas party. We're both real excited to go because it's at a nice hotel near Universal Studios and Stephen's heard it's a blast every year. This year they're bringing all sorts of old school impersonators so I'm sure there will be tons of laughing. They said the dress code is casual/festive so I'm hoping my skinny jeans, gold sparkle tank and a black blazer will fit right in.


Five
We really try to get our Christmas decorations on major sale right after Christmas. Last year we didn't get stockings because my parents still do stockings but since Stephen's family doesn't do stockings, I knew I needed to find some on sale. Thankfully I found some great ones on sale for MAJOR discount (Like $3 each!) I decided this year we should just splurge and buy stocking holders not on sale. Hopefully we'll have time to run to Target this weekend and look for some.




1 comment:

  1. I love your tree decorations I also am in love with your stocking holders..I originally tried using those command strip things for ours but, that just isn't going to work this year so, I am on the hunt haha!
    Have a great weekend

    Sarah
    coffeeandglitter14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete