Christmas Toll House Cookies

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Every Christmas my sister makes amazing Toll House Cookies. She's the pro of the house when it comes to these cookies. Every time I try to make them, something doesn't turn out right. This batch, I burned a tray even though I cooked them for the right amount of time. We haven't been having issues with our oven until recently, so I'm assuming the temperature must be off a bit. Anyways, these cookies are pretty easy to make, are super delicious and the recipe is on the back of the Toll House Chocolate Chip package (as well on this post).



 

Super fail... my burnt tray but they still tasted good and aren't too hard

Ingredients:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips*
- 1 cup chopped nuts*
(*My family doesn't like nuts in cookies so we add Christmas m&ms. I did 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips and 1 1/2 cups of m&ms)

Directions:
1. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl

2. In a larger bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg is added. 

3. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and m&ms (or nuts). 

4. Bake at 375 degrees for 9-11 minutes. (I baked mine for 8 minutes and they burned so just keep an eye on them)

5. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes then transfer to wire racks to cool completely

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!