Five on Friday

Friday, November 3, 2017

We've officially made it to our first weekend in November and I gotta say, I am quite looking forward to this month! We have so many fun things planned and this weekend we're kicking it off with my niece's 2nd birthday party tomorrow! I honestly can't believe she's already 2 and we can't wait to celebrate with her at a character breakfast at Disney :)

One
Stephen and I are hosting Thanksgiving this year so I wanted to have little pumpkins as the place cards on the table. I ran back to the local pumpkin patch after work on Tuesday and loaded up on pumpkins since they were all on super sale - all of this for $6! Now the tricky part is trying to keep them until Thanksgiving so I need all of your tips! I've already soaked them in bleach/water and put them in the fridge but please send any tips my way :)


Two
Also on Tuesday (Tuesday was filled with all sorts of activities), I got to meet one of my co-workers new baby girl! I loved getting to meet her and her mom was so sweet - she had Olivia in one of the onsies I made her :) 

This gets me all sorts of excited to meet our sweet nephew in 1 month!

Three
For Halloween, we kept things pretty low key. We didn't get out there and settled until a little bit later because I ran to the pumpkin patch, monogrammed a jacket real quick, made dinner and then a friend came to pick up the jacket. We enjoyed seeing all of the kids and their cute costumes and if you saw on Instagram stories, the fire truck came through with candy and some spooky tunes - that was so cool! Shockingly, there wasn't too many people this year... the whole Halloween on a weekday thing kid of kills the mood since our neighborhood seems to go wild when it's on a weekend.


Four
I had to share this photo of my friend's sweet baby in an outfit I monogrammed for his newborn pictures - so crazy how quickly babies grow because he was so tiny in this when he came home :)
Also, I can't handle how adorable the rolls are - I could eat him right up!

Five
I have officially caved and am listening to Christmas music... I just love this Pandora station so much and basically, 1 month isn't enough ;)


I hope everyone has a great weekend!!


8 comments:

  1. Oh girl, I’m already listening to Christmas music, too! No shame! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was listening to Christmas music too! I recommend listening to Lindsey Stirlings Christmas album. It's so fun and she features different singers on diferernt tracks. I love the pumpkin idea for Thanksgiving. We had a low key Halloween also. I went over to my parents and helped pass out candy. I wasn't feeling Halloween this year like I have in the past. I'm ready to put up the Christmas tree and break out the sweaters and blankets lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. woo hoo for getting pumpkins on sale!!!! Fingers crossed they make it until Thanksgiving! I'm sure they will though, our pumpkins last year lasted until the first week of December and I didn't even do anything to them lol. So many babies!!! And they are so stinkin' cute! Have so much fun at your niece's birthday breakfast, that sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for Christmas music! I am holding myself back but it won't be much longer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing sweeter than a new baby! So precious! I remember someone on Instagram wiping down her pumpkins with some kind of an essential oil to help preserve them, but I can't remember what it was. Maybe Pinterest would have more ideas, but I think what you've already done sounds good to me. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I love handing out candy for trick or treaters! It's one of my absolute favorite things to do. Also, I can't wait to bust out the Christmas music - soon! Happy Friday <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! Totally time for Christmas music! My favorite is Michael Buble's Christmas album!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo that's a really good album - I think it's one of my sister's favorites :)

      Delete