Weekending

Monday, August 14, 2017

This past weekend was so fantastic - with so many things to look forward to, we really enjoyed it! Friday, I had a big day at work with a breakfast and lunch meeting (I was so full all day) and came home to Stephen and his bestie. Neither of them had to work that day so they were enjoying some guy time. I watched an episode of Southern Charm and then Stephen surprised me with some new, beastly nerf guns. That lead to a fun nerf gun war - we're still missing one ball lol. Afterwards, I got to work on an embroidery order for my Aunt then we relaxed and watched Boss Baby. We thought the movie was kind of weird but portrayed siblings well - definitely pulled at my heart strings some.

Saturday morning, I was up early (bleh) so I watched another episode of Southern Charm, worked on the blog then got ready for my hair appointment! I've been so excited to get my hair cut - I'll touch more on this on Wednesday but I chopped 9" off and finally have short hair again.



After lunch, I took a 2 hour nap #allthepraisehands and we headed off to Disney! We have seasonal passes so they're blocked out all summer - this was the first time they've been valid in a few months. The weather was beautiful at our house but then once we got to Disney, it was gross and rainy the whole evening. Thankfully, we had our fun Mickey ponchos that my SIL got us for Christmas 6 years ago.


And of course the day I cut my hair, it rains and I didn't bring a hat... 


The ride stopped in the perfect spot so we were able to max out half way through the ride ;)


The Dole Whip with vanilla ice cream is our favorite and for a while, they only offered pineapple ice cream which we didn't like as much. We were so excited when we went to get one and they had vanilla ice cream again!! It's the small things...



While we were walking at night, Stephen did this weird jump thing thinking he stepped on a rat (lol!!) but the bottom of his shoe fell off half way. We went to a store and asked for a rubber band to keep his shoe together but instead, the employees went out and got him a pair of nice flip flops for free. They knew this was a safety issue and didn't want him to get hurt in the park. This is why I love Disney, they saw a safety problem and went out of the way to fix it. Even though I'm sure this was for liability issues, they took care of it on their own dime and were so nice about it!


We finished up the night watching the fireworks from behind the castle which was super cool! Sunday, we went to church, Publix and did some work around the house before heading back to Orlando to meet Stephen's family for dinner. It was good to see everyone and a nice way to end the weekend.

I hope everyone else had a great weekend as well! Linking up with Biana

9 comments:

  1. Your hair looks great! So glad you did that; can't wait to read more Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hair! I recently did the same chop and I love it so much. That's so cool that Disney did that for him. I love that place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! It's such a fun hair do! Disney really is just the best!

      Delete
  3. Ah, I love Disney so much and FULLY agree that the Dole Whip HAS to be with vanilla. Your hair looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks amazing! So glad you guys can get back to Disney after the break on the passes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still loving your hair!! That was so nice of them to take care of Stephen's shoes. We rented Boss Baby Friday too but stopped watching about 20 minutes in. It just wasn't what I thought it would be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I love your haircut! It looks so healthy and vibrant!

    Also, Disney World. I keep telling my husband we need to take the boys, but he's not sold. I think my Spencer will lose his mind. He LOVES Mickey! Their customer service is definitely the best, too <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair looks SOO good! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the snap of the nerf gun you sent LOL. Such a fun game. In college on our campus ministry retreats everyone would bring nerf guns and we would literally have a nerf gun war over the entire camp site we were at lol. Bummer that it rained, but love those cute ponchos!!!!! And that was so nice of them to do that for Stephen!!!!!

    ReplyDelete