My 26th Birthday

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Even though it's been over a month since my birthday, I wanted to make sure it got documented on the blog because, you know, this is a digital scrapbook ;)

My birthday was on Sunday, July 9th, which was 1 day after we got back from our HHI vacation. Stephen kept asking me what I wanted to do and I couldn't decide - usually I would've said the beach or pool but we just got back from a whole week at the beach. Stephen never plans anything and usually never does surprise activities so you could imagine how happy I was when he told me he had the whole day planned out!! He did such a great job and made me feel so special the whole day!!

When we woke up, he told me we were doing an escape room over in Orlando, eating lunch, visiting Downtown Disney and watching the fireworks - all with our good friends! I was super pumped and so thankful our friends sacrificed an entire Sunday to drive all the way to Orlando to spend the day with us :) We realized that if we went to church, we would miss our escape room appointment so we listened to a sermon on the way over then conquered the Cuban Missile Crisis room - it was soo much fun!!



We worked up an appetite trying to escape so Stephen let me pick the restaurant for lunch - I decided on the Columbia over in Celebration. That place has such great Cuban food and our friends had never been there before. After lunch, we headed over to Downtown Disney for some shopping, walking around and of course, Ghirardelli's!


I got some surprise flan with a candle for my birthday :)




The Japanese store was having their one year anniversary party so they had origami and a "photo booth" with a ninja




After Downtown Disney, we wanted to show Josh and Elyssa the Magic Kingdom hotels so we took a bus to the Polynesian and walked around the Polynesian, the Grand Floridian and ended up at the Contemporary. We walked the outside stairs all the way to the roof and watched the fireworks to close out a great day!!




It was such a fun way to bring in 26 and I'm so thankful for everyone in my life and for those who made me feel so special!! Here's to 26!!

Linking up with Jessi

4 comments:

  1. So Fun, so yummy, so cute, so YOU! Glad the day was perfect and hope this is a fabulous year for you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun!! I love the outfit you wore and whatever that dessert at Ghiradelli was looked to die for!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like such a good birthday! I love how he planned everything out and the day was so full!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great birthday!! Good hubby for planning it all out! ;)

    ReplyDelete