Even though today is Friday, I decided to just share the peach cobbler on the grill recipe we recently made. Summer is quickly coming to an end so I figured I needed to share this sooner rather than later, especially since my blog has been taken over by our CO trip.
A little while ago, I found a recipe in Southern Living for peach cobbler on the grill - part of me thought it didn't sound good and part of me really wanted to find an opportunity to try it. When my sister said she wanted a cookout during Labor Day, I asked if it'd be alright to try this new recipe. I wasn't sure how this would turn out since it was a sweet dish that was cooked on the grill but oh my goodness, it was SO delicious and better than I could've expected. We all agreed it was the best peach cobbler we'd ever had and every day after, it just got better!
-7 cups fresh peach slices or 2 (20 oz) bags of frozen slices peaches, thawed and drained (we cut up 5 peaches but I don't love a tons of fruit in dishes like this)
-3/4 cup granulated sugar
-2 tbsp all-purpose flour
-1 tsp ground cinnamon
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
-2 tbsp butter
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1/4 cup granulated sugar
-1.5 tsp baking powder
-1/2 cup heavy cream
-1/4 cup butter, melted
1. Heat one side of the grill to medium-high (350-400 degrees). Place peaches in a large bowl
2. Stir together the sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg and sprinkle mixture over the peaches. Stir to combine and spoon peach mixture into a buttered 10-in cast iron skillet
3. Cut the 2 tbsp of butter into small pieces and place on top of the peaches. Cover the skillet tightly with aluminum foil and cook for 15 minutes until bubbly and hot
4. To make the biscuit topping, stir together flour, sugar and baking powder in a separate bowl while making a well in the center. Add the cream and melted butter into the well and then combine
5. Uncover the grill, discard the foil and dollop peaches with the dough mixture. Close the grill lid and grill until the biscuits are browned, about 15 more minutes (we had to go 25 minutes). Remove the skillet from the grill and let stand 10 minutes before serving
6. For extra deliciousness, serve with vanilla ice cream
Y'all have about 2 more weeks of summer so time to get grilling!!