Five on Friday!

Friday, July 22, 2016

One
This week has been crazy busy! At work, we had our annual all employee meeting and this year, management brought it back to the beach which was awesome! Starting after lunch on Monday, we had meetings that ran through lunch on Wednesday and then after our Wednesday meetings, it was time to hit the beach. I feel like our group lives up to the mantra "work hard, play hard". We had such a fun time - if you're on my snapchat, you know what I mean ;) Our director loves to dance so after dinner every year, we have a few hours of dancing and let me tell you, I'm on that dance floor 90% of the time! I love dancing and it's so fun letting loose for a few hours. Now, I'll spare my co-workers and I'll just share a few photos from Wednesday's fun ;) (granted, I should be sharing the videos after how much fun they made of me once they discovered my blog)



From my first trip to Publix - this doesn't even include our 2 carts and 6 coolers worth of stuff from BJ's ;)

Two
Last week, my sweet friend brought me the most adorable birthday gift! She painted a mason jar gold and added a succulent to the top so it looked like a pineapple and then added some Burt's Bees lipstick (which I'm obsessed with), mini pineapple candle and some gift cards! I thought it was the best idea! Thanks for feeding my pineapple addiction, Madison :)


Three
On top of the fun pineapple gift, I had another mini birthday surprise! One of my best friends came into town and I was able to meet up with her after work for some coke floats!! Unfortunately, we don't get to see each other often but when we do, it's like we were never apart :)


Four
I'm so excited because in less than a week, I'll be on a plane headed to see my little sister for the weekend!! She's interning for the summer in Indianapolis and since it's a short car ride away, we're sneaking over to Chicago for a night! I cannot wait to see the Midwest for the first time and I'm dying to meet her new boyfriend :)

We've got a few things on our list like the Lincoln Zoo, the Bean, RPM steak, Magnificent Mile, Wrigley Field and Trump Tower. One of the things we need to decide on is if we want to do 360 Chicago or the Skydeck. I'm leaning towards the Skydeck since you aren't leaning over the glass but I'd love to hear from anyone who's done either or both! Also, send any of your Chicago suggestions my way :)

Five
I am so looking forward to the weekend! Stephen might have to work on Saturday which stinks but might leave me time to get things done around the house... or just watch Gossip Girl all day lol I just finished season 4 and I feel like the show is getting better as time goes on but we'll see. We're also hoping to make it to a dinner party in Orlando but if Stephen's working, I'm not sure if we'll get to go.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!



5 comments:

  1. I love Chicago!! You are going to have the best time. Gossip Girl is so good! You'll love the last season :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the fun things you've been up to and that mason jar is the cutest gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous that y'all have work events on the beach!!!! Your snaps yesterday were cracking me up and it looked like y'all were having a great time!! Coke floats are the best, you had some sweet birthday surprises! LOVING the pineapple gift, so cute and creative! So exciting about your upcoming trip to see your sister! I've never been to Chicago, but I've heard it's fun! Hope y'all have a great weekend and Stephen doesn't have to work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun in Chicago! I know someone who just had a wedding and they had access to the Skydeck. Looked so pretty. I really like that crafty birthday gift. My employers need to talk to yours about what an employee meeting should really be about!

    ReplyDelete