Five on Friday

Friday, May 13, 2016

I feel like I blinked and this week was over!! Granted I'm not going to complain because the bulk of Stephen's testing at work (accompanied by his late nights) should be over and we should be back on a normal schedule!

One
Our first big plan for the weekend is attending the Astronaut Hall of Fame Gala tonight through Stephen's work. We are so excited to get dressed up and have an amazing night at the Space Center! Cocktail hour will be in the Atlantis exhibit (which is amazing) and dinner will be in the Saturn exhibit - I've never seen this one but I've heard it's pretty neat. Stephen stepped up his formal game and even though he won't be dawning a tux, he learned how to tie a bow tie and I must say, he's gotten pretty good at it! Now I can start buying all the adorable bow ties that I obsess over in the stores ;)

Can't wait to put this dress on again tonight!!

Two
The other fun events on the agenda for this weekend are two birthday parties!! Saturday, my co-worker and friend is having her son's first fiesta and then on Sunday we're going to our church friends' girl's 2nd and 4th birthday party. It's going to be an exhausting weekend but we're so looking forward to it! I'm also assuming we'll just be watching LOST all weekend when we aren't out partying ;)

Three
Yesterday after waking up, I randomly started feeling awful back pain in my lower back. I must have done something to my muscles the day before because it was rough. My SIL told me to use a heating pad and take aleve so I dawned my heating pad with stride at work! Thankfully, I didn't have a lot of meetings so I was able to keep heat on it throughout the day. The Aleve really made all the difference! Does anyone else experience this and if so, do you know why?


Four
I ran to TJ Maxx during lunch yesterday to look for a formal clutch for tonight and found this adorable PJ shirt dress. I didn't find a clutch, but I just HAD to have the dress - I mean, how can I pass up a navy cotton dress, with gold pineapples and a bow on the back? I couldn't find it online :(



Five
Yesterday after work, I was able to meet up with my good friend from college (and sorority little) who was in town with her boyfriend! She moved to CO over a year and a half ago and I haven't seen her since she left FL. It was so good to see her again and catch up!! Can't wait to see her again in August when we go to CO!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!




5 comments:

  1. That sounds like SUCH a fun event! (And totally reminds me of "The Astronaut Wives Club!" Ha!) Love that pineapple sleep top; you could totally pass it off as non-sleepwear! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend! That dress is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have quite a busy weekend! Aleve seems to be the only medicine that works for me. I hope your back is ok!
    Xo, Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous dress for the gala! I hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the pineapple dress is darling. also such a unique event to attend with the astronaut dinner. we definitely understand the struggle of being in a couple and wanting nice photos together. Sometimes when we travel, I wish we could pay someone to follow us around and take photos for us lol

    ReplyDelete