I do have to say - sorry for the crappy pictures, I took them a while ago and didn't realize how awful they were until I started working on this post. Even though the pictures aren't that great, the meat is super delicious!
- 1, 2-3 lb beef chuck roast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 (4 oz) package of ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoncinis
- 1/4 cup pepperoncini juice
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup sour cream
1. Heat canola oil over medium/high heat. Season roast with salt and sear in hot oil until golden brown. (This step is optional - we stopped doing this because I didn't see much of a difference)
2. Place the roast in the crock pot and sprinkle with dresing mix, pepperoncinis and pepperoncini juice. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3.5-4 hours.
3. Remove the meat from the pot and drain off cooking juices into a sauce pan. Skim the top for excess fat and add 2 cups of beef broth to the mixture. Bring to a boil.
4. Mix 1 tbsp of corn starch with 1/4 cup of cold water in a separate bowl and slowly pour into the boiling mixture. Stir continuously until thickened and remove from heat. Add in the 1/2 cup of sour cream to the mixture and serve over the cooked meat.