Makes 2 Sandwiches
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices of white bread
- Yellow mustard
- Thick sliced baked ham (we used Boar's Head honey maple glazed ham from the Publix deli - we got it sliced thick and I used one piece (cut in half) per sandwich)
- Gruyere cheese
Optional toppings: powdered sugar, honey, preserves, etc.
Most of the ingredients don't have specific amounts because every person is different. The amounts used in the original recipe were a little too much for us. Tailor this recipe to yourself.
1. Beat eggs in a shallow dish (make sure it's large enough to fit a sandwich inside). Throw a little salt and pepper in the dish and set aside.
2. Assemble the sandwiches with mustard, mayonnaise, ham and cheese (I heated up the ham in the skillet before assembling the sandwich just to make sure it was hot).
3. Melt some butter in a skillet.
4. Coat each sandwich in the egg and place in the skillet. Cook the sandwiches 3-4 minutes on each side, until browned, eggs are cooked and cheese has melted.