- 1 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts (not frozen)
- 1 green bell pepper - chopped
- 1 small onion - chopped
- 1 jalapeno - seeded and chopped (taking out the seeds removes the spiciness)
- 2, 4oz cans of chopped green chilies (we used mild because we don't like spicy)
- 1, 1oz package of taco seasoning or 2 tbsp of chili powder
- 1 jar of salsa verde (we used mild because we don't like spicy)
- 1 cup of chicken broth or water
- Flour or corn tortillas (we used corn)
- Shredded cheese
1. Place your chicken, chopped green pepper, chopped onion, chopped/seeded jalapeno, cans of green chilies, taco seasoning, salsa and broth/water into your crock pot. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
2. Once cooked, shred the chicken and let sit in the mixture to soak the flavors for a few minutes. Top tortillas with the chicken mixture and add some shredded cheese (you can also add some guacamole). Enjoy :)
Linking up with Mary.