Monday Madness

Monday, November 17, 2014

Okay, so today isn't really madness (at least I hope so) but Saturday we started Christmas shopping and spent Sunday researching gifts for family. This probably isn't the best but I'm itching for black Friday! I have found lots of things I want for Christmas but I'm trying to hold out because I know the deals will be so much better come Black Friday. 

Anyways, on Friday UCF had a televised game so after work we all headed over to a big tailgate which was super fun - as always. My boss brought his turkey fryer and made all sorts of delicious, heart-clogging food. I tried fried bacon - Oh.My.Word. it was so good! He was also kind enough to make fried Oreo's at my request. After a few hours, I headed home to have some delicious dinner with Stephen and we watched Guardians of the Galaxy.  Okay not going to lie, I thought it'd be a great movie since it's a Marvel movie and everyone who saw it said it was great. Stephen and I did not like it - I even fell asleep and didn't care that I had missed some of it. Hopefully the Avengers 2 won't disappoint like this one did. 

Knightro ridin' in style


Fried Oreo's.. mmmmm

Saturday, Stephen needed to get his car worked on and the dealership was near a big Orlando mall so we loaded up for a fun day of shopping and dinner after the oil was changed. I was surprised and excited to see that Frozen was on tv when we got into the lounge area. (I was very proud of myself that I didn't cry over this movie in public - it makes me cry every time) After Frozen was over, we realized it was an Apple TV so we found Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl and got about 10 minutes into it before they called us and said the car was done. 

 

My mom let me borrow this scarf so I decided to wear it on Saturday. I got a ton of compliments while we were at the mall so I had to share a picture of it.

I couldn't find the exact scarf online but my mom got it on sale at Talbots

At the mall, we ran into The Limited which was having a huge sale - 50% off all full priced items. I found this shirt on sale for $22 then it was an additional 40% off. I had to snag it for a Christmas gift. It'll be perfect to wear to work or with jeans. 


After the mall, Stephen had the brilliant idea of going to Downtown Disney and getting our favorite dinner dessert combo - the Greek salad and BBQ chicken sandwich from Earl of Sandwich and the cookie bite sundae from Ghirardelli. We used to do this all the time with my family and when we had season passes to Disney but since we don't have passes anymore, we rarely go over there. We eminently enjoyed our dinner and loved the memories it brought back.


Super fail on this picture - too funny not to share

Our delicious dinner and dessert

We stopped by the Ghirardelli store to get our free Holiday chocolates! 

Stop by the blog tomorrow for a Thanksgiving holiday link up! I'll be sharing my favorite Thanksgiving table decorations. 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!