Weekending

Monday, February 26, 2018

We had such a fun weekend at home which was nice for a change, especially since the next few weeks are going to be busy. Friday, we just hung out - went for a walk, ate dinner and watched the Olympics before calling it an early night.

Saturday, I of course can't sleep in anymore so I was up and worked on a few things around the house and pulled out all my winter clothes to put away before our friends came over for a photoshoot. Our good friends got a sweet puppy a few months ago and wanted some pictures taken before she wasn't a puppy anymore. We had so much fun trying to get Daisy to look at the camera and I have to say, she did a great job! They were so sweet and brought over cinnamon rolls so after the pictures, we enjoyed our brunch on the back porch.


After our friends left, we got ready and headed to Target to start our registry! It was so much fun getting our little baby swag bag and walking around with the scanning gun. I was equally excited because they had the glider I was eyeing online in store so we were able to sit in it and confirm it was the one we wanted! After we finished our scanning and running actual errands in the store, we headed over to First Watch for a later lunch. We had so much fun and the food was amazing.


Once we were done with lunch, we ran to Lowes to look at closet organizers and kitchen faucets because ours is broken. We're definitely excited for some house projects coming up - we just need more than a few days to get them all done. One project that is in the works is painting our room, the nursery and possibly the room that Stephen and I will share since we need my office for the nursery. We bought the paint and can't wait to paint our room in a few weeks!

After all the errands, I was pooped and laid on the couch for a few hours before girls night. A few months ago, my friend and I saw Ashley Brooke hosted a DIY shoes girls night and we decided that had to be our next girls night once the holidays were over. We were all finally able to get together Saturday night and were so ready to get our shoe crafting on! I snagged these shoes for $12 and as soon as I walked into Jo Ann's, I knew I had to put beaded pineapples on them. We all had so much fun and everyone's shoes were so creative! I can't wait to wear mine but I'm nervous that all the beads will fall off lol





To make the pineapples, I drew a pineapple on each shoe with a pencil then added clear tacky glue and put the beads on top. I ended up going back and doing a 2nd layer of beads when I got home


Sunday was our day to really get things done around the house which felt really nice to be productive since I come home and don't do anything after work lol

I hope everyone else had a nice and relaxing weekend! Linking up with Biana

6 comments:

  1. Woo hoo for baby registering!!!! I bet that was so fun and you look so cute with your little bump!!!! Love y'all's girls night idea, so cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun girls night activity!!! Your shoes are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Registering for a baby is sooo exciting! I recommend this portable high chair to everyone I know! If you ever go somewhere over night it's small and easy to travel with. It's also helpful to just use outside in the backyard.

    https://www.target.com/p/ciao-baby-portable-high-chair/-/A-21507241?preselect=21407759#lnk=sametab

    ReplyDelete
  4. Starting a registry is so exciting! We got our glider from Target also.. it could be the same one! I love your girls night idea!! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't registering such fun?! You can get that Target swag back like four times ha! I went back a couple times to add to ours in addition to doing most online and I was just like is there a gift bag I get and each time got it!

    ReplyDelete