Our Painted Master Bedroom

Friday, March 16, 2018

I am so excited to share our newly painted master bedroom! When we moved into our house, it had been flipped but the wall colors weren't necessarily to my liking - they weren't horrible, I just would've chosen something different. We have a light yellow and dark tan/brown color throughout the whole house and while the darker color isn't bad in the main rooms with a lot of light, it's pretty rough in bedrooms where there's only one window. It took me a while but I finally convinced Stephen to paint our room to make it brighter and with the help of our friends, it was so much easier than anticipated and it looks amazing!


We decided to go with Sherman Williams' Agreeable Grey because I've seen it used in so many other houses where it looks amazing (ShelbyApril) and this meant we didn't have to sample a ton of colors. You can check out our room before we painted it, here in our house tour after we moved in (almost 3 years ago!! What!?)

Before

Before

After (The lighting is still kind of dark)


We still have the TV but Stephen's working on it


We seriously love it so much! The room went from dark and shiny (horrible, cheap paint) to bright and "normal" looking. Now we want to paint the whole house - kidding, but we are going to use this paint in the nursery and our new combined office since that room is the brown color too (and maybe the guest bath that has the brown if I can convince Stephen). And if it wasn't for the help and knowledge of our friends, this wouldn't have happened so smoothly and I'm pretty sure there would have been some arguments between Stephen and I ;)

Happy Friday!



11 comments:

  1. Why are men so difficult to convince when it comes to paint?! It looks so great!!!! I'm debating changing up a few colors in our house and I know Jared is against it but I'm working on wearing him down ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Master bedroom looks fantastic. You picked a great color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we have that paint color throughout our house. I love how neutral it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOO HOO! I love it!!!! It looks so great- bright and beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks SO good!!! Brightens up the room so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that color! And your furniture is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You already know how much I love this!

    ReplyDelete