Five on Friday

Friday, February 23, 2018

Happy Friday!! I am so ready for the weekend! On top of having lots of fun things planned (like starting our Target registry), I'm ready to be home and not to have to go into work. Working really wears me out and I definitely feel sicker at night during the week :/

One
The most exciting thing this week was I got to see baby girl at the genetic/measurement ultrasound. This one was held at a different office and it was so much fun getting to see her on the big screen! She was moving like crazy - doing flips and sticking her tongue out. It's so surreal getting to see her and things are really starting to sink in now that she has a gender and a name. Can't wait for the anatomy ultrasound :)

Check out that tongue - sassy girl!

Two
This summer is our 5 year anniversary and we were going to go to Sandals Bahamas to celebrate but everyone said we still need to stay away because of zika... boo. We wanted to still do a beach vacation (this will likely also be our only trip this year and babymoon) and I didn't want to be in the car too long. I think we've settled on Amelia Island - we've never been but we know tons of people who have been and love it! It looks beautiful and it's only a couple of hours away. Hopefully we can get into the Omni and if so, I will definitely need any activity (pregnant lady friendly ;)) and restaurant recommendations.


Three
A while ago, my friend saw Ashley Brooke's recent blog post about their girls DIY shoe night and wanted to host one of her own. I'm so excited we're finally having girl's night on Saturday! I grabbed these slides from Forever 21 (they had a huge selection in store!) but I couldn't decide what I wanted to do on them. Of course, as soon as I walked into Jo-Anns, I saw their beads and decided immediately on beaded pineapples (I'm so predictable lol). We'll see how they turn out! Worst case, they were cheap and it was a fun girls night ;)

Four
I mentioned a few weeks ago that our friends sent us a date box as a congrats on the baby and Stephen's new job. We got it in the mail a week ago and can't wait to do it! Our box had a game, kettle corn to make on the stove, apple cider and make your own caramel apples inside. Definitely a fun date night I can get behind and I might even save the apple kit for another night to continue the fun.

Five
I just got sent my 10 year high school reunion facebook page... I feel old.





3 comments:

  1. Isn't it so fun when you can see them on the ultrasound! I always loved looking at their profiles and seeing who they looked like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amelia Island will be such fun! The ultrasound is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been to Amelia Island, but from pictures that I have seen, it looks gorgeous! Y'all will have so much fun. What a great way to celebrate 5 years/babymoon!

    ReplyDelete